Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro rel. 2004 Task Scheduler suddenly stopped running batch

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro rel. 2004 Task Scheduler suddenly stopped running batch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Beginning about four days ago, all three of my Windows 10 machines stopped running batch files scheduled in the Task Scheduler. These batch files had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by schmieg, Oct 8, 2020.

1. schmieg Win User

Windows 10 Pro rel. 2004 Task Scheduler suddenly stopped running batch

Beginning about four days ago, all three of my Windows 10 machines stopped running batch files scheduled in the Task Scheduler. These batch files had been running on schedule for over a year when all three suddenly stopped about the same time. I believe that this is about the time that the September 2020 Preview Cumulative Update installed. Task Scheduler reports that "Access is denied. (0x80070005). I have tried running them directly as batch files and running "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" with the arguments "/c c:\bt\filename.bat" and both fail. I do have the starting directory shown as "c:\bt." All quotation marks are just to separate the commands from the rest of my message and do not appear in the boxes. I did an image restore from October 1 and brought my files up to date, and everything worked again until the update reinstalled itself. I could do the same thing again and postpone the updates, but, sooner or later, the update will be forced upon me and I would like to find a solution to this. Besides, it is very time consuming to restore and bring three systems back up to current data.

I've been playing with this now for three days and I'm at a loss. I've run SFC /scannow with no results and I also ran DISM to try to fix the Task Scheduler. I did try to go back to a previous System Restore and that failed. Whereto from here?

:)

schmieg, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Oct 8, 2020
  3. jgunning Win User
    Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro rel. 2004 Task Scheduler suddenly stopped running batch

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro rel. 2004 Task Scheduler suddenly stopped running batch

1. Windows 10 Pro rel. 2004 Task Scheduler suddenly stopped running batch - Similar Threads - Pro rel 2004

2. Issue running a Batch file from Win10 Task Scheduler.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue running a Batch file from Win10 Task Scheduler.: Hi,I have created a Batch file to copy several files to my OneDrive system each day, so that I can access them if I'm not with my laptop. The script refers directly to OneDrive via c:\users\...The batch file runs within a CMD window with and without Admin privileges. But it...
  3. Issue running a Batch file from Win10 Task Scheduler.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue running a Batch file from Win10 Task Scheduler.: Hi,I have created a Batch file to copy several files to my OneDrive system each day, so that I can access them if I'm not with my laptop. The script refers directly to OneDrive via c:\users\...The batch file runs within a CMD window with and without Admin privileges. But it...
  4. Issue running a Batch file from Win10 Task Scheduler.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  6. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  7. Task Scheduler Stops Running

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Stops Running: Windows 10 20H2 OS build: 19042.685 Task Scheduler has stopped working for some reason. Here is the error: Code: Faulting application name: svchost.exe_Schedule, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x058e175aFaulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time...
  8. Windows 10 Pro rel. 2004 Task Scheduler suddenly stopped running batch files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro rel. 2004 Task Scheduler suddenly stopped running batch files: Beginning about four days ago, all three of my Windows 10 machines stopped running batch files scheduled in the Task Scheduler. These batch files had been running on schedule for over a year when all three suddenly stopped about the same time. I believe that this is about the...
  9. Invoke scheduled task from batch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Invoke scheduled task from batch?: Is there any way to invoke a scheduled task from a script? I know the tasks can be manually invoked from the Task Scheduler's GUI so maybe there's a way to do it programmatically. Yes? 165093
  10. Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script: I know that there have been many different solutions to this problem posted on the internet and various forums, but I have scoured Google for a solution to my problem to no avail. My problem appears to be unique (something that at this rate I do not want). Now, onto my...