Windows 10: windows 10 pro reload with out loosing app or data

Discus and support windows 10 pro reload with out loosing app or data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; System hangs after BIOS "dell" logo, monitor drops into "power Saver Mode". I have to force power offI want to reinstall Win 10 Pro, without loosing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RayPeaster, Jul 23, 2021.

1. windows 10 pro reload with out loosing app or data

System hangs after BIOS "dell" logo, monitor drops into "power Saver Mode". I have to force power offI want to reinstall Win 10 Pro, without loosing data/apps, if possible.Tried to role back updates without success. app said it ran into an error.Tried to use Windows repair, using bootable USB, without success. App said it was unable to complete.

:)

RayPeaster, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Hitman Win User

Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Jul 23, 2021
  3. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link Windows Update: FAQ

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 23, 2021
  4. windows 10 pro reload with out loosing app or data

How to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without loosing data

Windows 10 is available in many editions in the market, and the demand varies according to the customer. The most common versions of Windows are the following:

• Windows 10 Pro
    • Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Home Single Language
    • Windows 10 Education
    The following table highlights the official upgrade and downgrade paths between various editions of Windows 10.

windows 10 pro reload with out loosing app or data 1cae04af-a129-4096-9f1e-49ae29fc6a8a?upload=true.png

As you can see Windows 10 Pro to Home, Enterprise to Education is labeled as "D".
    "D" is considered as a downgrade, which technically is not possible unless the user does a reinstall of Windows, which removes apps and settings. This article discusses how to downgrade in such scenarios while keeping everything.

Prerequisites:

• A Windows 10 ISO file of the same or higher release from the Media Creation tool
    • Some command-line experience.
    How to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home without losing data

To downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home, what you need to do is, change the registry entries so that Windows Setup assumes the existing edition of Windows is Windows 10 Home. When the Setup

Step 1: Change the Registry values

To change the Registry entry, follow the steps here:

• Right-click Start and choose Windows Powershell(admin)
    • Paste the following command and press enter.
    Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" -Name EditionID -Type String -Value Core;Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" -Name ProductName -Value "Windows
    10 Home";Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" -Name CompositionEditionID -Value "Core"

What this command does is, changes the Current version values in the registry from Pro to Home.

Step 2: Download the Windows 10 ISO file.

Download the ISO file from the Windows 10 Media Creation tool.

• Choose Create Installation Media for this PC.
    • Choose Windows 10 standard ISO file, and language accordingly.
    • Choose ISO File. Save the ISO.
    Downloading the ISO file is covered in the detail here:

Step 3: Perform an InPlace Upgrade

• Open the ISO file and run Setup.exe.
    • Change the settings so that updates aren’t downloaded.
    • After Preparation, select Keep personal files and apps, if prompted.

windows 10 pro reload with out loosing app or data ce59f7d3-9e17-4cbc-b023-8ffa4f248b1f?upload=true.jpg
    • You should see that there is a checkmark besides Windows 10 Home and Keep apps, files, and Settings.

windows 10 pro reload with out loosing app or data cc32ee6c-f4b8-46a5-b082-31717b3dea0f?upload=true.jpg

Let the procedure finish which can take up to 90 minutes on a standard PC.

After installation, you should see Windows 10 Home together with updated to the latest version. If you had an existing license of Windows 10 Home, you would find Windows activated automatically, courtesy of a digital license.

Credits to FroggyPwns post from
    here

Sumit - Insider MVP, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 pro reload with out loosing app or data

1. windows 10 pro reload with out loosing app or data - Similar Threads - pro reload loosing

2. Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings...: Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings or files as well as personal files. What I'm trying to do is do a Windows Repair on my Computer....
  3. Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings...: Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings or files as well as personal files. What I'm trying to do is do a Windows Repair on my Computer....
  4. Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps: My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows without disturbing apps and existing data. I found what appears to be a pretty clear video on u-Tube but before I go ahead. I...
  6. Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps: My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows without disturbing apps and existing data. I found what appears to be a pretty clear video on u-Tube but before I go ahead. I...
  7. How to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without loosing data

How to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without loosing data: Windows 10 is available in many editions in the market, and the demand varies according to the customer. The most common versions of Windows are the following: Windows 10 Pro Windows 10 Home Windows 10 Home Single Language Windows 10 Education The following table...
  8. Loosing data

Loosing data: Every month when Windows 10 updates I loose all my data. Like my favorites links and my tax code info. Is there a setting or a something that can be done Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loosing-data/109240ae-dfa6-43e1-b886-cff82cf2ac5a
  9. reload apps

reload apps: I am seeking help to reload apps after a new win 10 install. I have 12 apps, does each one need to be loaded individually? I have an image backup, Can I use it to restore my programs. It's going to be very time consuming to load individually. Please help....
  10. Loosing data o a App kdd

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Loosing data o a App kdd: I have been using up my data the past few month without being long on the net. When checking my usage detail my data is being used by an app or program called kdd it used 913.48Gb. I do not see any software called kdd or any app called kdd. How do I get rid of this from my...