Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop drops host audio when disconnected

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop drops host audio when disconnected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro on all my local computers. One computer running Windows 10 Pro version 1903 hosts my music files using JRiver Media Center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrBrad, May 23, 2020.

1. MrBrad Win User

Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop drops host audio when disconnected

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on all my local computers. One computer running Windows 10 Pro version 1903 hosts my music files using JRiver Media Center 26 software as a server. The server sends FLAC and other hi-resolution music files over USB to a Schiit Audio Bifrost 2 DAC and on to a distributed home audio system. The audio output setting in JRiver is Schiit Bifrost 2 Unison USB [WASAPI].

I can remote desktop onto the host computer from my laptop very easily and control JRiver to play music from the host over the distributed home audio system. Playback works flawlessly with no issues. However, when the music is playing and I exit the remote session from my laptop then the audio stops playing. Also, if I cue up some songs and walk away, the music stops as soon as the remote session times out. This issue came about sometime last year. Prior to that it worked as intended.

Does anyone know how I can stop Remote Desktop from terminating my music playback? I need remote desktop because my server in in a rack with no computer monitor, keyboard or mouse.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

:)

MrBrad, May 23, 2020

2. Remote Desktop in WIN 10 dropping connection every 30 second!

I recently got a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 installed on it, and now Remote Desktop keeps dropping the connection every 30 sec or so to my remote machine at work! It connects OK, but keeps dropping and re-connecting. This is hugely frustrating. This
    is definitely NOT a problem with my remote host (running Win 8.1) nor with my home router or internet connection, because I can run Remote Desktop perfectly fine from the adjacent desktop PC (running Win 8.1), which goes through the same path and does not
    drop the connection. I surmise it is some problem with Windows 10, or my Surface Pro 3, or with its present configuration. I have performed all the latest Win 10 updates.

Following some earlier threads, I tried changing this registry key:

HKEY_Local_machine\ system\currentcontrolset\control\terminal server entry fDenyTSConnections

from 1 to 0

but that did not help at all.

What to do? I really rely on RDP on the road, so I need this to work. Your suggestions are welcome.

StevenMBlock, May 23, 2020
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Hi,

For troubleshooting steps on how to fix this, follow the steps below:

• Open the Remote desktop connections tab.
    • Once opened, click on Show options.
    • Click the Local Resources tab.
    • Under Remote audio, click Settings.
    • Select Play on remote computer.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, May 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop drops host audio when disconnected

Remote Desktop missing in Allow Apps Through Firewall on Windows 10

Hi Brian,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• How did you enable Remote Desktop on your Windows 10 Pro? Please share the steps that you've taken.
    • Are there any error messages that appear whenever Windows disables Remote Desktop?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop drops host audio when disconnected

1. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop drops host audio when disconnected - Similar Threads - Pro Remote Desktop

2. Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop: I need to remote into my desktop from my laptop. Do I need to have windows pro on both systems or just the one that I am remoting into? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-pro-remote-desktop/49ddd37e-be29-4c7a-80e0-9fa9f1f7fa3f
  3. Windows 10 PRO - Remote desktop : local console session disconnects when a user signs in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 PRO - Remote desktop : local console session disconnects when a user signs in...: I have a Windows 10 PRO with Remote desktop enabled.There are two accounts associated with this machine.When user 1 is signed in on this physical machine and user 2 tries to connect remotely, the user 1 session is disconnected from the physical machine.How can I solve...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop: I have a Windows 10 Pro computer and I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop Client app on my Tab S6 to get access to it. I'd like to be able to access it even if I'm on a different network (like when I'm not home). How do I go about doing that? submitted by /u/Ronin1791...
  5. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect: This was originally asked as a question back in 2016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/windows-10-remote-desktop-session-sound-stops-when/40594f6f-933a-4a2e-90cc-388fd4410851 To summarise: Connecting or disconnecting a...
  6. Windows 10 Pro- Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro- Remote Desktop: Hi. I have W10 Pro on my Surface Pro and W10 Home on my laptop and desktop. Is the W10 Pro license specific to the machine or would it be available to other owned machines? If not, I assume that I would I need to purchase separate upgrade licences? My interest in W10 Pro...
  7. Windows 10 pro remote desktop

Windows 10 pro remote desktop: Can I connect to a windows 10 pro with remote desktop from 3 computes at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-remote-desktop/331f4bf5-9805-4c6d-be92-aa95a43c9ddb
  8. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro: Up on entering password to access my office PC with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro , my laptop screen goes black with a message " An error occurred while the connection was being stablished"...
  9. Remote desktop - Windows 10 Pro?

Remote desktop - Windows 10 Pro?: To remotely control a Windows 10 PC from another Windows 10 PC using Remote Desktop, do BOTH PCs need to have Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-windows-10-pro/a256a1ef-e79e-44cc-a378-d3594239d745
  10. Remote Desktop to/from Windows 10 Pro - frequently disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop to/from Windows 10 Pro - frequently disconnects: Recently I have been getting issues connecting to my desktop via RDP, on the same network. These are the errors received. 'Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack' in CUMRDPConnection::CreateVirtualChannel at 2498 err=[0xd0000001] 'Failed...