Windows 10: windows 10 pro reset and lost sound. troubleshooter does not help.

Discus and support windows 10 pro reset and lost sound. troubleshooter does not help. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; troubleshooter does not help. restart does not help. sound icon has red circle with white X. any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DennisJoiner2, Jul 16, 2021.

1. windows 10 pro reset and lost sound. troubleshooter does not help.

troubleshooter does not help. restart does not help. sound icon has red circle with white X. any suggestions?

:)

DennisJoiner2, Jul 16, 2021

2. Sound Troubleshooter

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 16, 2021
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 16, 2021
  4. windows 10 pro reset and lost sound. troubleshooter does not help.

Problem with sound after upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 8.1 pro

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing with sound issues in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue for you.

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop and click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All option and Select Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Click on Next to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooting
      and follow the steps.

For further more information about issues with sound in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below article.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 pro reset and lost sound. troubleshooter does not help.

1. windows 10 pro reset and lost sound. troubleshooter does not help. - Similar Threads - pro reset lost

2. Sound lost after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound lost after resetting: I reset my computer in window 11 and now my sound and microphone are gone. Before reseting the computer, there used to be a CODEC sound system but I tried to press over it on device manager and it deleted itself. Is there anyway for me to recover sound? ;-;Even when I tried...
  3. Sound lost after resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound lost after resetting: I reset my computer in window 11 and now my sound and microphone are gone. Before reseting the computer, there used to be a CODEC sound system but I tried to press over it on device manager and it deleted itself. Is there anyway for me to recover sound? ;-;Even when I tried...
  4. Using Windows 7 Pro on Dell sound bar lost sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Windows 7 Pro on Dell sound bar lost sound: I have lost sound under Windows 7-Pro with A Dell soundbar. The screen bottom right-hand corner speaker icon has a "Red X" warning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-7-pro-on-dell-sound-bar-lost-sound/f021341e-4199-4dbc-bb3a-63667f9130bb
  5. Using Windows 7 Pro on Dell sound bar lost sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Windows 7 Pro on Dell sound bar lost sound: I have lost sound under Windows 7-Pro with A Dell soundbar. The screen bottom right-hand corner speaker icon has a "Red X" warning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-7-pro-on-dell-sound-bar-lost-sound/f021341e-4199-4dbc-bb3a-63667f9130bb
  6. Does reset help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does reset help?: Hi! I am having problems with updatig windows 10 from 1709 to 1903. I have tried everything but nothing works for me so I am thinking of resetting my pc. Is it going to help? submitted by /u/GrFrim- [link] [comments]...
  7. Sound troubleshooting.

Sound troubleshooting.: For a couple days now I've been hearing a constant buzzing static on my headphones when connected to my computer. It was kind of annoying but I tolerated it until yesterday, when I went to test out whether it was the headphones or my computer. I connected them to a different...
  8. Help. Reset Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help. Reset Windows 10 pro?: Hey, I don't have my administrator password and email because I got my lepi gift, I can reset it by using the key combination but the windows key will not be lost. I am afraid that I won't have the key inside because I don't know the Windows key either Hilfe. Windows 10 pro...
  9. Sound Troubleshooting

Sound Troubleshooting: I have a soft phone hooked up to my windows 10 computer. People can’t hear me as the phone keeps breaking up very badly. But, I can hear people just fine. No static or breakups. I looked into it and want to try to troubleshoot the sound. But it won’t let me because I’m not an...
  10. Sound Got Lost Completely Having Run Troubleshooting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Got Lost Completely Having Run Troubleshooting.: Hello guys, I've been trying to solve my audio problem for a week now and I'm currently finding myself at a dead end. After I troubleshot my sound, all audio output from the front & rear panel jacks got totally lost. I tried basically everything: Updated Realtek drivers...