Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, I had to completely reset my computer and reinstall Windows 10 Pro following acquiring a Trojan that wouldn't fully clear. I tried a reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Deelightful64, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth

Recently, I had to completely reset my computer and reinstall Windows 10 Pro following acquiring a Trojan that wouldn't fully clear. I tried a reset that left my apps and documents that was unsuccessful first. I have an external Bluetooth that worked fine before doing so. Bios says I have Bluetooth capability enabled. I tried removing the the Bluetooth dongle and plugging it back in, as well as the antenna. I ran "SFC /scannow," "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth," and "chkdsk /f /r /x." I tried reloading the motherboard media for Bluetooth too.

Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth [​IMG]

:)

Deelightful64, Feb 1, 2021
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Feb 1, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    ||ASUS Global

P4-630, Feb 1, 2021
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth

Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth

1. Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Pro Reset killed

2. Update killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update killed my Bluetooth: I dont have Bluetooth anymore. I cant see it on tray and settings. The Windows got updated and I dont want to uninstall it. I want to be able to connect using Bluetooth. I need help since I cant do anything in this PC without connecting to Bluetooth....
  3. Update killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update killed my Bluetooth: I dont have Bluetooth anymore. I cant see it on tray and settings. The Windows got updated and I dont want to uninstall it. I want to be able to connect using Bluetooth. I need help since I cant do anything in this PC without connecting to Bluetooth....
  4. Update killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows update killed bluetooth

Windows update killed bluetooth: I updated my windows a few days ago and now my TP400 bluetooth dongle is not working with it. It is recognized as a 'hp 5 micro receiver' and places it in the category of a keyboard. Normally when I plugged my TP400 bluetooth dongle into my USB port the bluetooth icon would...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Reset killed my Bluetooth: Recently, I had to completely reset my computer and reinstall Windows 10 Pro following acquiring a Trojan that wouldn't fully clear. I tried a reset that left my apps and documents that was unsuccessful first. I have an external Bluetooth that worked fine before doing so....
  7. Windows update killed bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update killed bluetooth: I updated my windows a few days ago and now my TP400 bluetooth dongle doesn't work with it. it gets recognized as a 'hp 5 micro reciever' and it puts it in the catagory of a keyboard. I tried rolling back the update and that too hasn't restored my bluetooth. Typically when I...
  8. Windows 10 reset kills keyboard backlighting

Windows 10 reset kills keyboard backlighting: however power off and on restores the backlighting until the next time a reset is needed. My PC is asus g74sx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reset-kills-keyboard-backlighting/5e32085d-b75d-4cd6-8e30-a8454c57a759
  9. Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network: Unfortunately, I was not aware of the problems with the 1903 update and downloaded it happily on two of my PCs and now my network is broken. They just do not talk and I have tried all the strange and wonderful solutions on the net, I can not backtrack this PC because it is a...
  10. Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network: Unfortunately, I was unaware of the issues with the 1809 update and blissfully downloaded it on to two of my PC's and now my network is broken. They just won't talk and I've tried every weird and wonderful fix on the net but it's still "No fix"! I can't roll this PC back...