Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro reset

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there I was having issues with my Gaming PC randomly rebooting after upgrading my CPU. Through months of troubleshoot and research I finally gave up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulNordblom, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro reset

Hi there I was having issues with my Gaming PC randomly rebooting after upgrading my CPU. Through months of troubleshoot and research I finally gave up on all the resolutions that the interwebz could provide and decided to to do a reset of Win10. I backed up what I felt was important on my D drive and did the reset of Windows on the C drive. The rebooting issue was resolved. My AMD 5700xt and new processor are working great now. however I think I messed up somewhere. Unfortunately I have lost all of my MS apps including the MS app store app. When I open a game or other programs I get a

:)

PaulNordblom, Oct 5, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 5, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Pro reset

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro reset

1. Windows 10 Pro reset - Similar Threads - Pro reset

2. Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro: I've got a surface device that came with Windows 11 Home edition, I've upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. If I were to reset the device, would I loose the Pro license and go back to home?...
  3. Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro: I've got a surface device that came with Windows 11 Home edition, I've upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. If I were to reset the device, would I loose the Pro license and go back to home?...
  4. Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.: Hello,Need your expertise, before I delete all partitions and reinstall windows 11 Pro from scratch.so.I read all the posts in regards to app/edge browser/ 3 dots both options to modify and the other one greyed out.No fix worked, registry fix, and the other one. So just went...
  5. Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.

Reset Windows 11 Pro to fix Edge, now windows security issue.: Hello,Need your expertise, before I delete all partitions and reinstall windows 11 Pro from scratch.so.I read all the posts in regards to app/edge browser/ 3 dots both options to modify and the other one greyed out.No fix worked, registry fix, and the other one. So just went...
  6. I HAVE LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO "DRIVERS". IT WILL NOT LET ME DO A FACTORY RESET??????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO "DRIVERS". IT WILL NOT LET ME DO A FACTORY RESET??????: I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD AN APP AND THEN I LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO DRIVERS AND WHATEVER ELSE. I TRIED TO TAKE IT BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND IT KEEPS SAYING THERE WAS AN ISSUE AND IT COULD NOT DO IT, THEN IT SAYS NOTHING WAS CHANGED. I AM SO MAD & UPSET. EVEN MICROSOFT...
  7. I HAVE LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO "DRIVERS". IT WILL NOT LET ME DO A FACTORY RESET??????

I HAVE LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO "DRIVERS". IT WILL NOT LET ME DO A FACTORY RESET??????: I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD AN APP AND THEN I LOST SOME OF MY WINDOWS 11 PRO DRIVERS AND WHATEVER ELSE. I TRIED TO TAKE IT BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND IT KEEPS SAYING THERE WAS AN ISSUE AND IT COULD NOT DO IT, THEN IT SAYS NOTHING WAS CHANGED. I AM SO MAD & UPSET. EVEN MICROSOFT...
  8. Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset: Hello my pc has started crashing maybe start of January, It will occur basically everytime i open a game and try go onto online but some crash without me even going into a game mode, after my game crashes it randomly open my file explorer to the drive my game/app is installed...
  9. Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset

Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset: Hello my pc has started crashing maybe start of January, It will occur basically everytime i open a game and try go onto online but some crash without me even going into a game mode, after my game crashes it randomly open my file explorer to the drive my game/app is installed...
  10. windows store not available on Windows 10 Pro before and after factory reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows store not available on Windows 10 Pro before and after factory reset: following Windows Store app missing after factory reset - Microsoft Community...I was giving an HP Pavillion laptop recently, never used and bought from new... It was running Windows Home 10 but I bought an upgrade to 10Pro, but the Store App has never shown and still is not...