Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good day, I purchased a Microsoft.com upgrade for Windows 10 Pro some time ago. It has worked just fine but I decided to do a fresh install so I ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JDH6, Jul 16, 2020.

1. JDH6 Win User

Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

Good day,

I purchased a Microsoft.com upgrade for Windows 10 Pro some time ago. It has worked just fine but I decided to do a fresh install so I ran Reset my PC. Upon installation I knew something was wrong as it asked for a work/school login email or to join a domain. I was unable to login with my Microsoft account, so I chose a local account. Once I was logged in it became apparent that for some reason it reinstalled Windows Enterprise. I tried to input the activation key for Proobtained through command prompt before starting the Reset but it did nothing.

I then used the Windows Media Creation Tool to install a baseline version of Windows 10 Home to a USB device. This went fine and installed Windows 10 Home. When I went to activate/upgrade to windows 10 pro with my product key it says "windows is activated, we've activated this copy of windows". Seemingly everything is fine, however after restarting the PC it still shows windows 10 home.

Finally I logged in to my Microsoft account from the activation page in settings to see if my key was stored there and would activate. Yet again everything seemed fine but after restarting a dialogue box appeared at the login screen for my Microsoft information which i entered then logged in. I am still only left with Windows 10 Home.

I am at a loss. I will be trying one more recovery from another image that I know was from windows 10 pro.

I will follow up with how the last recovery process goes.

But I don't know why enterprise was installed in the first place or how to get back to pro at this point.

:)

2. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hello Mohamed,

Luckily, you can quickly downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro by just changing the product key to the one for Pro.

If you like, the tutorial below can show you step by step the procedure on how to do this.

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Shawn Brink, Jul 16, 2020
  3. sbpetrack Win User
    Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

The procedure is a bit arcane, but I have managed to convert an Enterprise Evaluation to Pro, doing it in two steps: EnterpriseEval to Enterprise (unactivated); then Enterprise (unactivated) to Pro. Details here.

(Note to the moderator/owner: apologies if this is not an appropriate post for this thread, in which case I thank you for deleting it. I posted only to update/correct the assertion quoted above.)

sbpetrack, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

1. Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise - Similar Threads - Pro resets Enterprise

2. Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: I built my own PC, originally installed Windows 10 Pro but my IT bf said that Enterprise is better. I already bought Pro license through Microsoft but I can't seem to find where can I buy to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise key? I've been reading it's mostly used by...
  3. Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise: Good day, I purchased a Surface pro 3 some time ago. It has worked just fine but I decided to do a fresh install so I ran Reset my PC. Upon installation I knew something was wrong as it asked for a work/school login email or to join a domain. I was unable to login with...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise To Pro

Windows 10 Enterprise To Pro: I have a computer that has an un-activated Windows 10 Enterprise. Seeing that it is not activated can I use a valid purchased Windows 10 Pro key and it will be Pro? I don't want to have to reinstall it and an activated Enterprise is far too much for what this person needs it...
  5. RESET Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RESET Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows Enterprise: I had Windows 10 Pro on my PC .. When I did a "RESET" and was completed... The "RESET" changed my Windows 10 Pro to be Windows Enterprise which I Do Not Like... My Documents Webpage will OPEN .. But when I try to make a "NEW FOLDER" that's ok The Problem is that I cannot...
  6. Clean windows 10 pro reset installed windows 10 enterprise!

Clean windows 10 pro reset installed windows 10 enterprise!: Years ago I did an upgrade from windows 8 to 10pro. 6 months ago I replaced my motherboard & cpu but kept windows 10 pro. Yesterday I did a windows clean reset and wound up with windows 10 enterprise. I have no product key. What is required to get back to 10 pro? Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise: Good day, I purchased a Microsoft.com upgrade for Windows 10 Pro some time ago. It has worked just fine but I decided to do a fresh install so I ran Reset my PC. Upon installation I knew something was wrong as it asked for a work/school login email or to join a domain. I...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro: I had Windows 10 Pro installed, however I recently had to fully reset my PC and this ended up installed Enterprise and not Professional. I can't activate my Windows because the wrong type was installed and I can't find my key because it was injected into my motherboard by the...
  9. Windows 10 pro to Enterprise

Windows 10 pro to Enterprise: Hello I have windows 7 professional. I did the the free upgrade to windows 10. I have HD images of both, so can switch between them. Apparently this ifs fine but cannot run both at once. I am thinking of upgrading my windows 10 professional to enterprise. The reason is...
  10. Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: How can upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Enterprise without reinstall Windows 10? 19714