Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro restore points after windows updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro restore points after windows updates in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; In windows 7, restore points were automatically created when I installed programs or windows updates occurred. On 9/13/18, the following my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bluehen, Sep 16, 2018.

1. bluehen Win User

Windows 10 Pro restore points after windows updates

In windows 7, restore points were automatically created when I installed programs or windows updates occurred. On 9/13/18, the following my computer received the following update - September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285). There is no corresponding Restore date for this update when I check my restore points. The only restore point is one I created on 9/4/18. I also downloaded a program today called Edgemanage and again no restore point was created. Is there a reason why none were created? This is a brand new computer I just purchased and updated the windows 10 provided to windows 10 Pro about 2 weeks ago. The tech manager where I purchased the computer scared me into buying a discounted MacAfee subscription and I also have a Malwarebytes Premium and CCleaner programs loaded. Could these be causing the problem if there is one.

:)

bluehen, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro restore points after windows updates - Similar Threads - Pro restore points

2. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Restore from restore point fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Restore from restore point fails: Obviously, there are many posts concerning Windows 10 and restore points and restore failures, etc. Yet I do not see successful conclusions to these posts. Perhaps I am missing something common to all. Here is my issue: I run the the Create Restore Point, label the restore...
  3. Restore Points Win 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Points Win 10 Pro.: My fairly high spec PC was updated to Win 10 Pro last Fe and has performed really well. However a few days ago it started running slowly and lagging/freezing quite badly. It seemed to follow a Windows 10 update so I rolled back to the middle of Dec around about 20th which...
  4. Restore point for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore point for Windows 10: I'd like to restore my computer back at least 6 months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-for-windows-10/ab9d4311-c15f-4f08-8771-573a06b9529b
  5. Rationale for Deleting Restore Points after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Rationale for Deleting Restore Points after Windows Update: A much older thread discussed the reasons manual RPs get deleted, one of which was that the older restore points wouldn't apply to the new Windows version just updated. The logic seems to overlook THE most important reason one would want a restore point available after an...
  6. Rationale for Deleting Restore Points after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Rationale for Deleting Restore Points after Windows Update: A much older thread discussed the reasons manual RPs get deleted, one of which was that the older restore points wouldn't apply to the new Windows version just updated. The logic seems to overlook THE most important reason one would want a restore point available after an...
  7. restore points in windows 10

restore points in windows 10: My restore points only go back to June 20, 2019 and there are only two of them how do I access additional older restore points, specifically to 5.20.19? Thanks...
  8. Restore point for Windows 10

Restore point for Windows 10: I recently received another Windows 10 update and since then my laptop freezes from time to time when I'm working on either Outlook, Excel or Word. I can't work like this it takes so long throughout the day. I tried to do a restore but it seems I don't have any restore points...
  9. Windows 10 Pro restore points missing.

Windows 10 Pro restore points missing.: I have read through every thread possible on this. I have my system protection on (see image) and yet my restore points are missing. I should have restore points back to at least October when I reinstalled the system. I have no viruses, I have no errors, I have no...
  10. Windows 10 - Restore Points

Windows 10 - Restore Points: Owning to the many updates for this OS, my restore points seems to disappear. Where are they located? So that I can save them in case of problems - saving me time to re-install (it takes around 2-3 days). In the last 3 months I've had to re-install the OS 6 times....