Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro restore points missing.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro restore points missing. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have read through every thread possible on this. I have my system protection on (see image) and yet my restore points are missing. I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Olive11251, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro restore points missing.

I have read through every thread possible on this.

I have my system protection on (see image) and yet my restore points are missing. I should have restore points back to at least October when I reinstalled the system. I have no viruses, I have no errors, I have no system issues (I have run scf / scannow etc and even Dell has been in my system trying to figure this out). The restore points just disappear. I have it set high for a reason I have over 2 TB free on this particular system there should be no reason restore points are missing.

I also have 3 Windows 7 systems and I have restore dates that go back to 2017 for goodness sakes. What is going on with Windows 10 Pro and the restore points?

Windows 10 Pro restore points missing. 2b67580f-5fb9-4d0f-bce9-e384134f2895?upload=true.jpg

:)

Olive11251, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 System Restore Show More Restore Points Box Missing and Restore Points Being Deleted or Missing

Hi Steven,

There are several reasons why the Show more restore points check box is missing. Some of these are the following:

• You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    • You manually turn System Restore off.
    • You upgrade from one operating system to another or you reinstall the operating system

In your case, as you have reinstalled Windows, it's possible that all restore points are deleted, that's why the
    Show more restore points check box is not appearing. Did you delete all the partitions when you reinstall Windows? If yes, then all the manually and automatically created restore points will disappear. For further isolation of the issue, we suggest that
    you create a new restore point and monitor if it will disappear in a few days just like the others.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Restore point issues (Restore point missing)

Hi Amos,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

The deletion of restore points may be caused by any one of the following by-design conditions:

- You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.

- You manually turn System Restore off.

- A restore point reaches an age of 90 days. The restore point is then deleted because 90 days is the default time to live.

To resolve this issue, adjust the maximum shadow storage allocation. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

1. Press
    Windows key + W
    on the keyboard to search Settings, type “System” in the Search box and then click
    System from the list of results.

2. Click
    System protection
    in the task pane.

3. Under
    Protection Settings
    click to select Local Disk (CWindows 10 Pro restore points missing. :) (System) and then click
    Configure.

4. Under
    Disk Space Usage
    , move the Max Usage slider to the right to increase the disk space usage for System Restore points.

Note: If protection is turned on for additional drives you might consider increasing the Max Usage for those drives as well.

Also refer to the link given below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Pro restore points missing.

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, Windows 10 Pro restore points missing. :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro restore points missing.

1. Windows 10 Pro restore points missing. - Similar Threads - Pro restore points

2. Missing system restore points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing system restore points: I would like to congratulate the Microsoft techs. After more than two years Microsoft finally fix my disappearing system restore points. Seems KB5008212 in December 2021 seems to have resolved the issue!Thanks, but it should not have taken so long....
  3. Missing system restore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing system restore points: I would like to congratulate the Microsoft techs. After more than two years Microsoft finally fix my disappearing system restore points. Seems KB5008212 in December 2021 seems to have resolved the issue!Thanks, but it should not have taken so long....
  4. Missing system restore points

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Restore from restore point fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Restore from restore point fails: Obviously, there are many posts concerning Windows 10 and restore points and restore failures, etc. Yet I do not see successful conclusions to these posts. Perhaps I am missing something common to all. Here is my issue: I run the the Create Restore Point, label the restore...
  6. Restore Points Win 10 Pro.

Restore Points Win 10 Pro.: My fairly high spec PC was updated to Win 10 Pro last Fe and has performed really well. However a few days ago it started running slowly and lagging/freezing quite badly. It seemed to follow a Windows 10 update so I rolled back to the middle of Dec around about 20th which...
  7. restore points in windows 10

restore points in windows 10: My restore points only go back to June 20, 2019 and there are only two of them how do I access additional older restore points, specifically to 5.20.19? Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 - Restore Points

Windows 10 - Restore Points: Owning to the many updates for this OS, my restore points seems to disappear. Where are they located? So that I can save them in case of problems - saving me time to re-install (it takes around 2-3 days). In the last 3 months I've had to re-install the OS 6 times....
  9. Windows 10 Pro restore points after windows updates

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Pro restore points after windows updates: In windows 7, restore points were automatically created when I installed programs or windows updates occurred. On 9/13/18, the following my computer received the following update - September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285). There is no corresponding Restore date for...
  10. System Restore Points Missing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Points Missing: I was thinking about restoring my hard drive to an earlier configuration to see if that would correct an issue I'm having with one of my applications. But when I opened the System Restore window, I was surprised to see only one Auto Restore Point, dated within the past week....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore points missing windows 10

2. windows 10 1903 restore points disappear

3. system restore points disappearing

4. FIND MY RESTORE POINTS-WINDOWS 10-,
  5. missing restore points windows 10,
  6. win 10 pro restore points,
  7. did automatic restore point windows 10 update of february 6 2019 cause problems