Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro retail activation on a new computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro retail activation on a new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,I'm receiving an error 0xc004c003 when trying to activate my Windows 10 Pro retail license on my new computer. My old computer is formatted so the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Renchy_41, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Renchy_41 Win User

Windows 10 Pro retail activation on a new computer

Hi,I'm receiving an error 0xc004c003 when trying to activate my Windows 10 Pro retail license on my new computer.

My old computer is formatted so the license should no longer be active.

:)

Renchy_41, Apr 10, 2019

2. New Computer: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Mom is getting a new computer. Although the computer will have Windows 10 Home preinstalled, we want the Pro version.

Are the steps correct to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store > make your purchase, follow the on screen instructions and within 5 to 10 minutes you will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

We are in Canada. I am guessing that the upgrade price is close to US$100 converted to Canadian dollars?

Kevin Stecyk, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro retail activation on a new computer

New Compute, Windows 10 (upgrade) Activation Transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

Also see if you can reactivate using chat support:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro retail activation on a new computer

1. Windows 10 Pro retail activation on a new computer - Similar Threads - Pro retail activation

2. Windows 10 Pro RETAIL will NOT activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro RETAIL will NOT activate: I am attempting to activate Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop that apparently was never updated to Windows 10. The BIOS of the laptop says it had Windows 8.1 on it when sold. I am using a brand-new RETAIL windows 10 Pro kit from 2019 for activation. The RETAIL Windows 10 Pro kit was...
  3. Windows 10 Pro RETAIL will NOT activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro RETAIL will NOT activate: I am attempting to activate Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop that apparently was never updated to Windows 10. The BIOS of the laptop says it had Windows 8.1 on it when sold. I am using a brand-new RETAIL windows 10 Pro kit from 2019 for activation. The RETAIL Windows 10 Pro kit was...
  4. Windows 10 Pro RETAIL will NOT activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key: I understand that Microsoft does not sell Windows 10 online/offline at present. However the Win10 pro retail physical version are available at many stores. And I am found that those are little bit cheap compared to Win11 pro retail from online/offlineMy quarry is that if I...
  6. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Pro Retail License

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Pro Retail License: Hi,A, year ago I had purchased a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro Retail pack, it came with a USB, CD Key and a manual.I had installed that in my laptop, which I've changed to a Windows 10 Home now for home use.Now, I've built a new PC and I wanted to Activate my Win 10 Pro...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 Pro RETAIL license from old computer to new computer

Transferring Windows 10 Pro RETAIL license from old computer to new computer: Hi there I have an old computer with Windows 10 Pro Retail fully activated. It was originally a Windows 8 Pro retail key that I bought from a shop in a box and then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I would now like to transfer this old license to my new computer that also has...
  8. Retail Windows 8.1 Pro - New Computer License

Retail Windows 8.1 Pro - New Computer License: Alright, this seems fairly a simple question but there seem to be quite a few variants in the answers I see on the web. First, let me clear things up. I bought Windows 8.1 pro in 2015 I think, I bought that Windows from the Windows Stores directly, it is not OEM, it's a...
  9. Retail Windows 10 pro activation problem

Retail Windows 10 pro activation problem: I recently upgraded my pc parts entirely (mobo,cpu,gpu,ssd,hdd) and wanted to transfer my license from the old pc to the new one. The windows version I had was a win 7 professional and I had upgraded it to win 10 pro with the free upgrade Retail version. I tried activating...
  10. Activate Windows 10 Pro on new computer

Activate Windows 10 Pro on new computer: My computer died and I built a new one. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro but can't activate it. My account says I have 2 PCs but my old one is dead. Should I delete my old PC from my account? Will I be able then to activate my new PC?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate windows 10 pro retail