Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Security Annoyance - Windows Vista Strikes Back.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Security Annoyance - Windows Vista Strikes Back. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Basically, any time I try to install ANYTHING on my computer, Windows 10 Pro acts like Windows Vista and constantly blocks any changes made by any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bio Goji 1989, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Security Annoyance - Windows Vista Strikes Back.

Basically, any time I try to install ANYTHING on my computer, Windows 10 Pro acts like Windows Vista and constantly blocks any changes made by any program to ANYTHING. I NEVER had this problem with Windows 10 Home. I can't use GIMP to export new file extensions, I can't create new folders or shortcuts on the desktop without going through arduous steps like creating a shortcut in the original folder and then moving it to the desktop, and even then I'm forced to GIVE MYSELF PERMISSION to do anything!

This feels like Windows Vista all over again. How do I change my security settings to NOT SUCK anymore!?

:)

Bio Goji 1989, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 5, 2019
  3. effmaster Win User
    Hackers Ready to Strike at Windows Vista Security

Lets hope that a years worth of security updates will have helped it with sidetracking the hackers for a certain amount of time.

And whoever said that as more people migrate to Vista that the other previous OS's are more secure thats a flat out lie in fact whenever I download an update on my lappy it is usually also for a vulnerability in not only Vista but also XP, and even 2000, and the order if importance to download the update increases as you go to a further older OS. So in fact even if you don't like Vista it still has the best security around in the Windows platforms, no matter how much you may hate the user account control switch it will become a lot more handy once these hackers start hacking into Vista so yay for security in OS's though we still need a better solution for Using Windows without hacksers being able to gain control of your computer.

effmaster, Jul 5, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Windows 10 Pro Security Annoyance - Windows Vista Strikes Back.

Hackers Ready to Strike at Windows Vista Security

Windows Vista could be hit by more than 40 security vulnerabilities next year, as its market share increases to the point where hackers start to take notice, according to a McAfee analyst. "Most of the current malware has ignored Vista," said Craig Schmugar, a threat researcher at McAfee's Avert Lab, but that's not because the operating system has been secure. Concisely, we reported on Monday that Windows Vista nears 8% market share which means hackers will soon start to write more and more malicious software for the DX10 OS as it becomes more popular.
    Schmugar said.

Source: Techworld

malware, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Security Annoyance - Windows Vista Strikes Back.

1. Windows 10 Pro Security Annoyance - Windows Vista Strikes Back. - Similar Threads - Pro Security Annoyance

2. Vista to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vista to Windows 10: I have a computer with Windows Vista Enterprise, with a valid product key. I had some problems and got an error message saying I had to reinstall Windows. I don't have the installation disc. I contacted Microsoft to ask for help. They told me to make a bootable drive from...
  3. Vista to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vista to Windows 10: I have a computer with Windows Vista Enterprise, with a valid product key. I had some problems and got an error message saying I had to reinstall Windows. I don't have the installation disc. I contacted Microsoft to ask for help. They told me to make a bootable drive from...
  4. Chrome strikes back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome strikes back...: sooo i made a post that every youtube video i see starts to blink, now i'm using a function that opens a separate window for twitter and cause my entire screen black ou blink for about 900 milliseconds when i scroll down the page, anyone have the same problem? ( i will check...
  5. Windows 10 Pro : Annoying stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro : Annoying stuttering: Is anyone having micro stuttering that last a few seconds on Windows 10 pro 2004? (20H1) It is really annoying and when playing games it's even worse. I read that is recommended to install windows without connecting to the internet (offline account) so you can install the...
  6. How can I uninstall windows 10 Pro and switch back to vista

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I uninstall windows 10 Pro and switch back to vista: Hello Team, I want to switch back to my original OS Vista, I am fade up with Windows 10 Pro, as its giving disk utilization 100 and im unable to do any work. The system is upgradedwith all the latest patches etc, Its a intel centrino Core2 Duo running with 3Gb ram....
  7. Vista to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vista to Windows 10: How do I do a clean install from Vista Home Premium to Windows 10? What drivers or programs will need to be loaded after the install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/vista-to-windows-10/86a6f3aa-d214-4825-93db-b4a1ae513702
  8. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Windows Vista or 7: Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was worse, because it was removed avaibility to select visual style and is removed very good programs like Windows Calendar, Photo...
  9. Counter Strike on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Counter Strike on Windows 10: I would just like to report that Counter Strike Global Offensive is working fine with windows 10. I have seen no performance changes since my upgrade from windows 8.1. I have read, that players have had issues with Dota 2. I have an Nvidia Graphics card. 11322
  10. The "organization" strikes back.

in Windows 10 Support
    The "organization" strikes back.: Hi! Another issue I found after Creators Update: Both in Settings>Privacy>Position and Settings>Security&Update>Windows Update appeared once again the red message: "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I did not find a solution yet. Is it happening...