Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Start Menu Resets on Restart

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Start Menu Resets on Restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a new laptop I just got yesterday. Every time I restart the machine the Start Menu Resets to factory setting. (When I try to change the layout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KacyLeigh, Sep 27, 2019.

1. KacyLeigh Win User

Windows 10 Pro Start Menu Resets on Restart

This is a new laptop I just got yesterday. Every time I restart the machine the Start Menu Resets to factory setting. (When I try to change the layout and apps, upon restart it's not the way I left it before the restart).

I tried to "re-register" the start menu with Powershell, but it didn't help to fix the problem.

Any advice or fix would be awesome.

:)

KacyLeigh, Sep 27, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Windows 10 Start menu issue

Ive always had issues with the start menu. Pin to start sometimes doesn't work. Now I cant move the icons. And the right click menu sticks. If I do manage to move one it disappears on to reappear later.
    Love 10 other than that. Whats the deal? I would like to organize my icons. Ive tried tablet mode too

Another thing it does when I first restart its bright. Then if I try to move something it dims

Jetster, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Jetster, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Start Menu Resets on Restart - Similar Threads - Pro Start Menu

2. Start menu windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu windows 10 pro: Hello, I have windows 10 pro installed in my pc but i don´t like anithing the star menu in all monitor. Can I put a normal menu? And use the all monitor to put past and files? Br Carlos Silva...
  3. Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.

Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.: Hi, I've reset my PC recently, and since then, my Start Menu keeps resetting to its default after restarting my PC. Also, when I try to pin any apps to the Start Menu, they don't physically appear in the menu. But when I right click the app again, the option "unpin from...
  4. Start Menu resets itself every restart

Start Menu resets itself every restart: I recently updated to the newest version of Windows (Build 1809) and ever since the update my Start Menu keeps resetting itself. EVERY piece of software listed shows New underneath it, even though none of my software is actually new. I have also (twice now) personalized my...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu Reset: Hello, I've just installed the win 10 fall updates (version 1809). Now, whenever I reboot, windows restores the default start menu apps and icons, eliminating my customizations. Why is this happening? What can I do to stop it? How can I backup my start menu after I finish...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Start Menu

Windows 10 Pro Start Menu: Good Morning, I posted prior to this one in regards to the start menu not saving changes. The current build is 17763.134 as of Oct. 2018 update and it appears MS did not address the start menu issue. The fixes on the net do not correct the issue either. The last reply I...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Reset

Windows 10 Start Menu Reset: Hello, I've just installed the win 10 fall updates (version 1809). Now, whenever I reboot, windows restores the default start menu apps and icons, eliminating my customizations. A) Why is this happening? B) What can I do to stop it? C) How can I backup my start menu after...
  8. Restart Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restart Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Restart Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Restart Start Menu in Windows 10 The Start menu contains shortcuts of all your apps, settings, and files. Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft separated the Start menu into its own process, called...
  9. Uneditable Start Menu on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Uneditable Start Menu on Windows 10 Pro: I am having this problem where I don't get context menus plus I can't access the properties options of the start menu I get this: [img] Instead of this: [img] I also don't get context menus when I right click on my start menu. I tried PowerShell command Code:...
  10. Resetting Win 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resetting Win 10 Start Menu: Is it possible to reset the win 10 start menu to the day I installed win 10? I'm having all kind of little issues with it now that I didn't before and I'd like to reset. I know there was a method to do this in the preview builds but that doesn't seem to work anymore. 24319