Windows 10: Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

Discus and support Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrg9999, Aug 2, 2019.

1. mrg9999 Win User

Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

All my computers are standalone, not on a domain.

I used to put program in the startup folder using
    start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't

I've found the only reliable way to get a program to start at boot login is to use task scheduler.

Am I missing something, or do I have to use task scheduler to run a batch file/ powershell script of the commands I want started at boot / login ?

:)

mrg9999, Aug 2, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

Create a shortcut to the program you want to start in the "Startup" folder in the start menu. You might have to create the shortcut on the desktop first, then drag it into the Startup folder.

newtekie1, Aug 2, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting - Similar Threads - pro Startup folder

2. Windows 10 Startup programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Startup programs: is it Safe to disable the Realtek WOWL Utility in the windows startup and what does this startup program do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-startup-programs/4466d1cb-0a17-49f7-b14b-ffd460b3d667
  3. Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows maintains a list of programs that can launch themselves as soon as you log in to the system. It comes in handy for those […] This article Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty: Hello, recently bought a new computer with a Windows 10. I've set a few programs to start with Windows (when I turn the PC on), but none start with it. Moreover, when I go on the Taskbar and navigate to the Startup tab, it's empty. I tried to manually add those programs to...
  5. Programs not starting at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not starting at startup: I have Win 10 latest version. No viruses or spyware. Check regularly with good programs. I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs were not starting with Windows like have been for the past few years. I go into the program itself and the box that says start...
  6. too many programs starting up when windows starts, and they are NOT in the startup folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    too many programs starting up when windows starts, and they are NOT in the startup folder: hey you experts => I am pretty sure that I have removed every one of the programs from the startup folder that you see in the image below. Can you guys tell me why they're starting up anyway, and how I can shut that feature off permanently? thanks! the programs that I need...
  7. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting: All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't I've found the only reliable way to get a program to...
  8. program starting but not in my Start Folder !?

in Windows 10 Support
    program starting but not in my Start Folder !?: Occasionally I see a program running on my PC that is not in my Windows Start Folder and I did not start it myself! It's a program I did install, so it's not malware, but I don't want it to run by itself unless I start it. How can I track down from where in Windows this is...
  9. No startup folder - how to auto start a program

No startup folder - how to auto start a program: Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts? Thanks Doug 28491
  10. Startup programs do not start with windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup programs do not start with windows: hello guys, In task manager I can see all programs which are supposed to start together with windows, however, none is starting… Every time I start windows I have to start these programs manually. Anybody else with the same behavior? 2251