Windows 10: Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

Discus and support Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mrg9999, Aug 2, 2019.

1. mrg9999 Win User

Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

All my computers are standalone, not on a domain.

I used to put program in the startup folder using
    start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't

I've found the only reliable way to get a program to start at boot login is to use task scheduler.

Am I missing something, or do I have to use task scheduler to run a batch file/ powershell script of the commands I want started at boot / login ?

:)

mrg9999, Aug 2, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

Create a shortcut to the program you want to start in the "Startup" folder in the start menu. You might have to create the shortcut on the desktop first, then drag it into the Startup folder.

newtekie1, Aug 2, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting - Similar Threads - pro Startup folder

2. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting: All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't I've found the only reliable way to get a program to...
  3. StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups): A couple of years ago my fairly new computer started to take forever to boot. Actually, boot time was okay, the problem was getting to the desktop and then waiting up to five minutes for the desktop to fully load to be able to launch anything! Looking for information on what...
  4. Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup Programs: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I prevent certain programs from starting when Windows starts? Will startup programs slow my computer down? And is there a way to modify the program so it will not start up when Windows starts up during the installation process? Any help...
  5. program starting but not in my Start Folder !?

in Windows 10 Support
    program starting but not in my Start Folder !?: Occasionally I see a program running on my PC that is not in my Windows Start Folder and I did not start it myself! It's a program I did install, so it's not malware, but I don't want it to run by itself unless I start it. How can I track down from where in Windows this is...
  6. startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.: I run Windows 10. Maybe 6 months ago I put Firefox.exe in my startup folder (running shell:startup). From then on, whenever I booted Windows, Firefox would start, just as I wanted it to. About a month ago, Firefox didn't start up when I booted my machine. So, I started it...
  7. No startup folder - how to auto start a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No startup folder - how to auto start a program: Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts? Thanks Doug 28491
  8. Startup folder -- Programs launch one at a time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup folder -- Programs launch one at a time?: I have several programs / shortcuts in my startup folder. After I log on, it seems like anything in the startup folder is loaded one at a time (program 1 launches, program 2 doesn't launch until program 1 is opened, etc.). I have most of the same apps in my taskbar, and if I...
  9. Folder Opens on Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Opens on Startup in Windows 10: This Folder opens on Startup in Windows 10: C:\Windows\System\Speech How do I stop this? I looked under Start>All Programs>Startup.....Not there. Thanks.............Bill 47011
  10. Startup programs do not start with windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup programs do not start with windows: hello guys, In task manager I can see all programs which are supposed to start together with windows, however, none is starting… Every time I start windows I have to start these programs manually. Anybody else with the same behavior? 2251