Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft online store for my laptop which had windows 10 home. But just after a month my laptop broke... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Thilek Silvadorai, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

Hi,

I purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft online store for my laptop which had windows 10 home. But just after a month my laptop broke down and i got a replacement laptop from amazon. But i couldn't activate my windows 10 pro. When I called microsoft customer support they said with upgrade version it's not transferable.

But when search around, i found out it's possible. So i'm not sure which is true.

Best Regards,

Thilek

:)

Thilek Silvadorai, Jul 10, 2019

2. New computer - transfer old key

Hi,

The Windows 10 Pro upgrade would be tied to the old computer and is not transferable. I believe it will be necessary to purchase Windows 10 Pro.

Try the following steps:

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.
    • If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • If you don't have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro is available for purchase from the Store.
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Smittychat., Jul 10, 2019
  3. Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new computer

Ok, so I paid the $99 to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home to pro. I bought the upgrade in the windows store because that's the only way I figured I could do it.

If that laptop dies and I get a new laptop, will I be able to transfer that upgrade? What if the laptop dies and Lenovo sends me a new one? Will the new one be entitled to my upgrade to windows 10 pro?

user277244, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

current laptop has windows pro. new laptop has Windows home. Can I transfer or upgrade the version on the new laptop?

Only if the Windows 10 Pro license is a full retail license.

So, it depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

1. Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device - Similar Threads - Pro Store upgrade

2. Windows 10 transfer to new device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 transfer to new device: Hi, My new PC is arriving in a day or two and I would like to transfer Windows from my current laptop to it. I linked it with my MSA, but I'm still not sure how it all works. Do I need to start creating backup of all my drives from my current laptop already (C: and D:)? How...
  3. can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device?: can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-the-windows-10-pro-upgradedigital/0bebb1ca-1590-482d-9bc6-16f44b725cd1
  4. How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop

How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop: Hi guys. I have this Acer Predator 15 which came with Windows 10 Home. and I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro through the Windows Store 2yrs ago. Is it possible to transfer that digital Pro upgrade license to my new laptop (which again came with Home version preinstalled)?...
  5. Transferring Windows 10 Pro to a new computer

Transferring Windows 10 Pro to a new computer: I am building a new computer and want to get everything over to it from my old computer. The old computer will not be functioning. I believe I can get whatever data I need over but I am wondering about the Windows 10 Pro. The Windows 10 Pro is activated in my microsoft...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Home upgrade to Professional licence to new device

Transfer Windows 10 Home upgrade to Professional licence to new device: Hello, I upgraded my pre-installed Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional on my previous device through Microsoft Store (upgrade connected to my Microsoft account, I can see it in "Order History" but no licence key appears). My laptop broke down accidentally and I had...
  7. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new laptop

Windows 10 Pro transfer to new laptop: I did a stupid thing with my laptop that I purchased from Best Buy store open box laptop. I purchased a windows 10 pro license before I knew it has enterprise... never expected it to have enterprise, but it did. So I used pro for a few months and now I have a new laptop...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 Pro to new PC

Transferring Windows 10 Pro to new PC: Hello, I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my computer, which I am fairly sure I got by upgrading from Windows 8 Pro, which I purchased to upgrade from the Windows 8 Home that came installed on my computer. I will be moving to a new computer fairly soon, and would...
  9. Ho to Transfer Windows 10 Pro upgrade bought in Microsoft Store to another computer

Ho to Transfer Windows 10 Pro upgrade bought in Microsoft Store to another computer: Hi, I just bought a license to upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro for 2nd computer that I was setting up, but the license got linked to my personal notebook. How do I transfer the license ? If I check my order history, I see the license, but when I click on it, I get the...
  10. Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD

Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 pro and then the power button on my laptop stopped working. Is it possible to take that license and use on a new computer? In the same vein, if I upgrade my computer to windows 10 pro, and then I decide to move everything to a SSD, how do I move...