Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft online store for my laptop which had windows 10 home. But just after a month my laptop broke... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Thilek Silvadorai, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

Hi,

I purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft online store for my laptop which had windows 10 home. But just after a month my laptop broke down and i got a replacement laptop from amazon. But i couldn't activate my windows 10 pro. When I called microsoft customer support they said with upgrade version it's not transferable.

But when search around, i found out it's possible. So i'm not sure which is true.

Best Regards,

Thilek

:)

Thilek Silvadorai, Jul 10, 2019

2. New computer - transfer old key

Hi,

The Windows 10 Pro upgrade would be tied to the old computer and is not transferable. I believe it will be necessary to purchase Windows 10 Pro.

Try the following steps:

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.
    • If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • If you don't have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro is available for purchase from the Store.
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Smittychat., Jul 10, 2019
  3. Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new computer

Ok, so I paid the $99 to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home to pro. I bought the upgrade in the windows store because that's the only way I figured I could do it.

If that laptop dies and I get a new laptop, will I be able to transfer that upgrade? What if the laptop dies and Lenovo sends me a new one? Will the new one be entitled to my upgrade to windows 10 pro?

user277244, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

current laptop has windows pro. new laptop has Windows home. Can I transfer or upgrade the version on the new laptop?

Only if the Windows 10 Pro license is a full retail license.

So, it depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

1. Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device - Similar Threads - Pro Store upgrade

2. Transfer Windows 11 Pro upgrade to new laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro upgrade to new laptop?: I upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro on a laptop purchased last year. I've replaced that laptop - is there a way to move the 11 Pro upgrade to the new laptop before I sell the old one?...
  3. Transfer Windows 11 Pro upgrade to new laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro upgrade to new laptop?: I upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro on a laptop purchased last year. I've replaced that laptop - is there a way to move the 11 Pro upgrade to the new laptop before I sell the old one?...
  4. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer: HiBack in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.The installation / upgrade went smooth.The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via...
  5. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer: HiBack in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.The installation / upgrade went smooth.The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via...
  6. Transferring store-upgraded Windows 10 pro license to virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring store-upgraded Windows 10 pro license to virtual machine: Hi all, I got Windows 10 Home OEM version with my laptop which I upgraded to Pro version through store. I have signed in during the upgrade and it shows my license is digitally attached to my account. I have doubts about the transfer rights of the license. I recently...
  7. Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new laptop

Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new laptop: Hi, I purchased new laptop with pre installed windows 10 home and I upgraded it to windows 10 pro through Microsoft store. after two day the new laptop started playing up so I send it back to the shop and they exchange and gave me a new one with pre installed windows...
  8. windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc

windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc: Hello, I have a different variant of questions I have seen people ask. I have a new HP that is 1 month old that is getting swapped out for a new one this week. It came with 10 Home and I bought an upgrade and applied it. Now I have the new PC coming this week which will...
  9. can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device?: can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-the-windows-10-pro-upgradedigital/0bebb1ca-1590-482d-9bc6-16f44b725cd1
  10. Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 pro and then the power button on my laptop stopped working. Is it possible to take that license and use on a new computer? In the same vein, if I upgrade my computer to windows 10 pro, and then I decide to move everything to a SSD, how do I move...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro store upgrade