Windows 10: Windows 10 pro switched back to Windows 10 family for no reason

Discus and support Windows 10 pro switched back to Windows 10 family for no reason in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, I bought windows 10 pro from the microsoft store for my laptop, i did the upgrade and it was working well, But then i just realized that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Christopher Chamagne, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 pro switched back to Windows 10 family for no reason

Hi guys,

I bought windows 10 pro from the microsoft store for my laptop, i did the upgrade and it was working well,

But then i just realized that it switched back to Windows 10 family, so i went to my microsoft account to get the key but it's not available anymore,

Is anyone able to help on that??

Thanks in advance for your support,

Christopher

:)

Christopher Chamagne, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 pro switched back to Windows 10 family for no reason

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 pro switched back to Windows 10 family for no reason

1. Windows 10 pro switched back to Windows 10 family for no reason - Similar Threads - pro switched family

2. switch back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switch back to windows 10: I do not like windows 11. How can I go back to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-back-to-windows-10/fbc51f2a-be12-402a-a33d-921cf9dbc0d0
  3. switch back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switch back to windows 10: I do not like windows 11. How can I go back to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-back-to-windows-10/fbc51f2a-be12-402a-a33d-921cf9dbc0d0
  4. Switching Back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Back to Windows 10: I just upgraded to the most recent Windows and really dislike it. I would like to go back to Windows 10 but not sure how to do as I likely changed two weeks ago and it looks like could only go back within 10 days. How can i go back to Windows 10??...
  5. Switching Back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Back to Windows 10: I just upgraded to the most recent Windows and really dislike it. I would like to go back to Windows 10 but not sure how to do as I likely changed two weeks ago and it looks like could only go back within 10 days. How can i go back to Windows 10??...
  6. Switching Back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows 10 pro deactivates itslf for no reason

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 pro deactivates itslf for no reason: it saying it cant connect to my orginasation activation server. i am not part of an organasation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-deactivates-itslf-for-no-reason/c9f0612d-37a1-4ed0-9aa4-ba7706ea0028
  8. Windows 10 Pro back?

Windows 10 Pro back?: I updated my wife's computer using the media creation tool. She had Windows 10 Pro installed. But when I installed it, there was no option for the Pro version, only the Home. How do I get the Pro version back?...
  9. How to switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 not pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 not pro: Hi, have a Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 Pro operating system. When I get the message from Microsoft that an update is available, I go through the routine, but the update never installs because it's a Windows 10 update, not a Windows 10 Pro update. I do not think...
  10. Windows 10 home and pro switch???

Windows 10 home and pro switch???: I have a Surface pro 4 with Windows 10 pro on it that is on its last legs because of major physical abuse. So I just bought a new Surface pro 7 and that has Windows 10 home on it. What I would like to know is can I swap the licenses on the two and put pro an the new one and...