Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro switches to Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops when laptop restarts.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro switches to Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops when laptop restarts. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I have an MSI laptop with a Windows 10 Pro product key. Every time I shut down and start up or restart, the licence switches to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jakaw, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Jakaw Win User

Windows 10 Pro switches to Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops when laptop restarts.

Hello

I have an MSI laptop with a Windows 10 Pro product key.

Every time I shut down and start up or restart, the licence switches to Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops.

I have noticed this mentioned on TomsHardware nut no solution given, so I know that I it is a problem shared by others.

If I look at Activation Settings as soon as I have started up, I can see the licence change from Education to Workstations and then finally to Enterprise.

I can re activate my Windows 10 Pro licence but it will always revert to the Enterprise licence after I have shut down or restarted.

When in Windows 10 for Virtual Desktops all files are listed with greyed out copies.

I want to keep the licence as Windows 10 Pro.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jake

:)

Jakaw, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro switches to Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops when laptop restarts.

Windows 10 Club

Windows 10 Pro switches to Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops when laptop restarts. windows-10-build-9926-png.png

So I've tried the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926,... So far so good i like it, it appears to already have DX12.

At list i have an old Laptop to test it on,.. it's good so far and i highly think I'll be upgrading to it day on of release.

dxdiag screen above

Protagonist, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro switches to Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops when laptop restarts.

1. Windows 10 Pro switches to Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops when laptop restarts. - Similar Threads - Pro switches Enterprise

2. Why is Windows 10 switching between Enterprise and Pro Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 10 switching between Enterprise and Pro Automatically: We have a lot of Windows 10 machines that come with Win10-Pro license included within the BIOS. These machines are then imaged with a Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 image and connected to our network. What we're finding is these machines are switching from Enterprise to Pro...
  3. Why is Windows 10 switching between Enterprise and Pro Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 10 switching between Enterprise and Pro Automatically: We have a lot of Windows 10 machines that come with Win10-Pro license included within the BIOS. These machines are then imaged with a Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 image and connected to our network. What we're finding is these machines are switching from Enterprise to Pro...
  4. Why is Windows 10 switching between Enterprise and Pro Automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching

Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching: Hey, I have not been able to find an answer to this problem which works for me, the situation is the following. 1. If I try to open certain applications in one desktop, that are already open within another one, rather than opening the app in the desktop windows I am...
  6. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching: Hello, I have two issues with Windows 10's virtual desktops. If I try to open certain applications in one desktop, that are already open within another one, rather than opening the app in the desktop I am in, it switches to the desktop in which it is already open. This is...
  7. windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops

windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops: Bug reproduce: OS: windows 10: 1803 (x64 intel 7500U 8G ram) it is easy to reproduce the bug.... When I press Task View it will show currently opened apps on this desktop (e.g. desktop 1) then I add a new virtual desktop (e.g. desktop 2) Now Task View shows I have...
  8. Windows Virtual Desktop for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Virtual Desktop for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education: Today, we are announcing Windows Virtual Desktop, the best virtualized Windows and Office experience delivered on Azure. Windows Virtual Desktop is the only cloud-based service that delivers a multi-user Windows 10 experience, optimized for Office 365 ProPlus, and includes...
  9. Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: How to: Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 How to Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple virtual desktops. Create custom...
  10. Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro: At one point I had my system as not activated. I searched for a product key and accidentally selected the enterprise key. Now I have an enterprise edition and I am afraid I will not get the free upgrade by the end of the month! How can I reverse this without having to go...