Windows 10: Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account

Discus and support Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have followed this guide https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-windows-10-non-admin-and-why and my user account does not show in logging screen,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MateuszKurzyński, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account

I have followed this guide https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-windows-10-non-admin-and-why and my user account does not show in logging screen, only the new admin account is there.

example

My account was only in the group Administrators, and not in Users as shown on the picture above.

I managed to restore my account, but stil I would like to use the Standard User for my account.

Could someone help please ?

:)

MateuszKurzyński, Jun 14, 2020

2. Standard user account created shows Administrator on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you logging in using a Microsoft account on any of the created two user accounts?
    • Have you created 2 local account with administrative privileges on the computer?

Please be informed that Local user account as well as
    Microsoft user account
    can be considered as Standard user account. A
    Standard user account is the user account which do not have any administrative privileges.

It is possible to create two or more accounts with administrative privileges on computers running with Windows 10 operating system.

If you want to convert one of the user account as a standard account, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel in the search box and select the top most search result.
    • Select User Accounts and click on Change account type
      from the window.
    • Click on the user account and select Change the Account type option.
    • Select Standard and click on Change account type
      button from the window.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account :(

Zakin, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account

Going from Standard User to Administrator on Windows 10

Hi,

Changing the permissions or level of access that the user profiles currently on your Windows 10 computer can be done in different ways. One possible way is through the use of the built-in option located in control panel. Before we proceeding with the steps
    to resolve your concern, kindly provide answers to the questions below:

• The account that you're using on your Windows 10 computer, is that a local account or a Microsoft account?
    • What were the steps that you performed to set your account as a standard user?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up that requires admin privileges and that is the reason you want to switch your account back as an administrator?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account

1. Windows 10 PRO switching to standard user account - Similar Threads - PRO switching standard

2. Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account: Hello,I'm trying to configure a computer with two accounts standard and admin so that the standard logs in automatically even after switching to the admin account. Currently, I've edited the registry so that upon power cycling the machine the standard account logs in...
  3. Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account: Hello,I'm trying to configure a computer with two accounts standard and admin so that the standard logs in automatically even after switching to the admin account. Currently, I've edited the registry so that upon power cycling the machine the standard account logs in...
  4. Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Standard User Account Created on Windows 10 - Pro Version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard User Account Created on Windows 10 - Pro Version: Hi, Today was the 2nd time that I noticed this standard local user was created on my account. The user name is "imbnkozdsuuz" and it's local and standard. Not sure why this keeps creating on my computer, but this is a home network and no other computers are attached unless I...
  6. Standard User Account Created on Windows 10 - Pro Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard User Account Created on Windows 10 - Pro Version: Hi, Today was the 2nd time that I noticed this standard local user was created on my account. The user name is "imbnkozdsuuz" and it's local and standard. Not sure why this keeps creating on my computer, but this is a home network and no other computers are attached unless I...
  7. Standard User Account Created on Windows 10 - Pro Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  9. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  10. Windows 10 pro only standard user account on my system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro only standard user account on my system: Hello, pls i made a mistake yesterday i changed the only account on my system from administrator to standard user account and now i cant do anything on my system install like applications and run some apps . i cant do any of them . I have no admin rights . pls i have searched...