Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro. Currently running Windows 10 Pro Build 10586 and Classic Shell 4.2.5 Performance Visual effects Custom: - Show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kyoshiro, Jul 28, 2016.

1. kyoshiro Win User

Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color

I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro. Currently running Windows 10 Pro Build 10586 and Classic Shell 4.2.5

Performance Visual effects Custom:
    - Show thumbnails instead of icons
    - Smooth edges of screen fonts

I need help with two annoyances:

1. How do I change the color of the text in the taskbar? The font is black. I would prefer the font to be white. Please take a look at the attached image.

Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color [​IMG]

2. When I have a lot of folders open, Windows groups them in one. In Windows 7, I would get the name of the folder on hover. Windows 10 shows me a small icon of the folder (I've disabled this functionality via registry. High value for time). Is there any way to get the Windows 7 functionality?

Thanks in advance.

:)

kyoshiro, Jul 28, 2016

2. date and time missing from taskbar

For some reason I can't see the date and time on the taskbar in Windows 10. I know the date is there because when I hover over where it should be it shows in the tooltip. I thought the font and background might be set to the same color but that doesn't
    seem to be it. I'm not using the small icons on the taskbar. One suggestion I found says to right-click on the taskbar for properties but there isn't an empty spot to right-click on. I must be missing an easy solution but I can't find the correct setting.
    Can someone help?

mdyoung2004, Jul 28, 2016
  3. oomoo Win User
    How to change menu bar font (windows 10) ?

I need to change icons/tooltips/taskbar/title bar/other fonts. Final, there's no answer ? Microsoft ?

oomoo, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello @kyoshiro, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Try playing around with darker backgrounds and colors, restarting Explorer between each, to try for white text.

If you hide labels, you will see folder name on mouse hover, if you don't hide labels, they will be on the taskbar:

Edwin, Jul 29, 2016
  5. kyoshiro Win User
    I found out that the font color issue happens when you upgrade from Windows 7. To resolve this, go into Themes and pick the Windows Theme. This resets the font color in the taskbar.

Still trying to find a solution to my second issue. I understand what you are saying, but that's not the functionality I want or need.

kyoshiro, Jul 29, 2016
  6. kyoshiro Win User
    Windows 7+ Taskbar tweaker resolves this as well. The setting is under hovering, select list. Now, if I can only find the registry tweak for this, so I don't have to run the program. *Smile

kyoshiro, Jul 29, 2016
  7. kyoshiro Win User
    This is the actual functionality I was asking about. It can be accomplished with W7+ Taskbar tweaker, but I was wondering if somebody knows a registry tweak.

When folders are combined on the taskbar, I want to see a list, like in Windows 7, not the stupid preview.

kyoshiro, Jul 29, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Taskbar List or Thumbnail Previews Mode - Change - Windows 7 Help Forums

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color - Similar Threads - Pro Taskbar tooltips

2. How to disable taskbar tooltip?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable taskbar tooltip?: I need help to disable taskbar tooltip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-taskbar-tooltip/3aacb1e8-932e-4312-bc3e-a693b5eb0994
  3. tooltips in taskbar

tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  4. Tooltips in taskbar list

Tooltips in taskbar list: I have the Windows setting to Always Combine buttons; when I click on a taskbar button it displays a list with the titles of the open windows (I have the registry setting Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband\NumThumnails DWORD...
  5. Tooltips showing too long on Windows 10 taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tooltips showing too long on Windows 10 taskbar: On my laptop, which I just reinstalled with 1909, when I hover over an icon, and move it away about .3 seconds later, the tooltip shows up after I move the mouse away, and stays there for a few seconds. It's pretty annoying. Anyone know how to disable that? On my other PC, it...
  6. font color

font color: How can I make font color darker I can't see the light blue very well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color/56ecabe7-246a-46bb-84df-3cdb60597e7c
  7. Fonts color

Fonts color: I am using a Dell laptop running windows 10. How do I change fonts color it is now something like a light blue and dim. I would like to change to a bold BLACK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-color/7cdbe72c-3d0d-4b45-8903-a2cc1e1992d1
  8. Taskbar font colors

Taskbar font colors: I could barely see my time on the taskbar dark grey on black. the quick start icons were in white font and the date was in mid grey. I tried personalization and now it is all dark grey in black... I did that by changing the taskbar color. I can change my font type but not...
  9. Taskbar font color

Taskbar font color: With large icons on taskbar, there is white text, with small icons, there is black text, how do I get white text with small icons? I have tried all the themes, but none work. If using high contrast, the background of applications' window is the same color as the taskbar. 110368
  10. Taskbar font color

Taskbar font color: I have a black taskbar with dark gray fonts....so basically can't see anything at all... not real familiar with changing settings, how do I change this? Thanks. 22291

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change tooltip color windows 10

2. windows tooltip color

3. windows 10 tooltip font color

4. taskbar text color windows 10,
  5. cannot change tooltip color windows10,
  6. tooltip change color windows 10 ,
  7. tooltip windows 10 pro,
  8. windows 10 tooltip background color,
  9. windows 10 tooltip color,
  10. win 10 change tooltip color,
  11. taskbar hover color,