Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ada01, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Ada01 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the time the computer starts up again, it is back to factory "steal my data" settings.

I consult on a wide range of projects, and as such, I am in charge of a large amount of confidential information. Security settings and crash reports should be at my choice.

Is there any way whatsoever to set my computer from Win7-Win10 to not send any information out to Microsoft.

I understand that there is a "Limited" amount of data being sent when set to "basic" however, the interpretation of the user agreement by various organizations and firms is variable to what that actually means. Due to the vagueness of the agreement the Microsoft group has chosen to put out there, i am not comfortable with what I have and will continue to need to do on my PC with Windows 10 doing what can only be described as nosily tracking me.

Thanks

:)

Ada01, Mar 13, 2016

2. How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

There is no supported method of disabling telemetry in win 10 Pro

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Pro for Workstation: Disable Consumer features and telemetry

Dear Alden,

thank you for your answer. Yes, I know that only the Enterprise version can disable telemetry completly. My question is: Is the new "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" like Windows 10 Pro with higher capabilities in terms of memory and # of CPUs or is it a
    "superior" version with all the enhanced configuration possibilities of Windows 10 Enterprise?

I need the enhanced support for more RAM and 4 CPUs and want to use the "Enterprise feature" to disable the telemetry on this HPV machine. I mean, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations aims at users where security and privacy (in the meaning of protection of
    intellectual property) plays a key role. So is it really not possible to switch off these cloud features in the Workstation edition?

Yours,

Julia

JuliBerger, Mar 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, two free programs have been designed aimed at changing settings to minimise reporting:
    O&O shutup
    Spybot Anti-beacon

These only change settings you can change manually.

Note one side-effect of changing some of the privacy settings is you may find a red message
    'Some settings are managed by your organisation'
    which is confusing and some find disconcerting.
    (E.g. when in Settings, Privacy, General)

Sometimes this also means you come across a feature or setting that no longer works.

However these programs also have the means to change things back to default, so are relatively safe.

I would suggest
    a. Turn system restore on (it's off by default in Win 10)
    b. set a restore point before using them (they may prompt for this anyway, I can't recall)
    c. don't change all settings at once; change some, check everything's ok for a while, then continue.

Note much has been written about the significance of non-personal reporting to MS, as you will be aware.

dalchina, Mar 13, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Hi @Ada01, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

The whole 'privacy' issue in Windows 10 is still quite vague, so...
    First, be sure you are running an RTM Version of Windows 10 and not an evaluation version, (Insider Preview),
    second, running Windows 10 Enterprise would probably be a wiser choice, (0 Telemetry).
    If that criteria is met, I don't think you'll need to worry about MS breaching your confidential data.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable - Similar Threads - Pro Telemetry Disable

2. Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry: I disabled "microsoft compatible telemetry" a while ago. Today as my computer text input was lagging, I opened up Task Manager to see "microsoft compatible telemetry" running and using large percentage of CPU.I confirmed that it was disabled and gave the last run time as...
  3. Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry: I disabled "microsoft compatible telemetry" a while ago. Today as my computer text input was lagging, I opened up Task Manager to see "microsoft compatible telemetry" running and using large percentage of CPU.I confirmed that it was disabled and gave the last run time as...
  4. Permanently Disable or Delete Windows Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/uQFu654.png Both the Group Policy setting (and its corresponding Registry Editor setting) are applied to the old "Disable Telemetry" option. (Setting the GPO also sets the Registry setting.) But look here, at least in Build 21H1, Option 0...
  6. Disabling Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Telemetry: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license and feel strongly that as a paying customer rather than someone that was "gifted" a copy of the Home edition when I bought my laptop, I should have a degree of control over the operating system. I've disabled telemetry every time W10 is...
  7. Disable telemetry and keep Windows store working

Disable telemetry and keep Windows store working: So as the title suggests, I want to disable as much of the telemetry in Windows as possible while not breaking the Microsoft store so I can keep playing my games. I’ve tried looking up resources on what tasks are necessary to keep it running but I can’t find anything. Does...
  8. How can i disable telemetry in windows 10 1909?

How can i disable telemetry in windows 10 1909?: submitted by /u/matteo_834 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7wb2z/how_can_i_disable_telemetry_in_windows_10_1909/
  9. Registry setting to disable telemetry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Registry setting to disable telemetry: Is there a registry setting that would disable telemetry to Microsoft - - without creating "Some settings are managed by your organization" problem? 59236
  10. How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10: How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 Windows 10 now comes with the telemetry feature enabled by default which collects all sorts of user activity and sends it to Microsoft. Unfortunately, Microsoft has provided no way to disable it completely using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro telemetry

2. how to disable telemetry windows 10 pro

3. windows 10 pro disable telemetry

4. windows 10 telemetry,
  5. 2019 turning off telemetry on windows 10 pro\,
  6. Win 10 Pro disable telemetry completely,
  7. windows 10pro spends toomuch time on telemery