Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a user who is experiencing the "Test Mode" watermark. I've tried a few fixes, such as bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF , as well as running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bowers Matt, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark

I have a user who is experiencing the "Test Mode" watermark. I've tried a few fixes, such as bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF , as well as running sigverif. When I ran sigverif, I was told that all drivers are digitally signed. After restart, the bcdedit fix will keep the watermark away for 3-4 hours, and then it comes back again. Any ideas?

:)

Bowers Matt, Nov 13, 2018

2. Test Mode Watermark on Windows 10

Hi Marjie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting test mode watermark on Windows 10. I will certainly help you in resolving the issue.

The test mode watermark may appear in the bottom right part of your Windows desktop, if you install an application whose drivers are not digitally signed by Microsoft and if they are still in the testing phase.

I recommend you to follow below steps to disable the test mode watermark and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Start, click on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF and press Enter.

(The TESTSIGNING boot configuration option is disabled through the above BCD Edit command)

3. Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the system and check.

Reference:

How to disable the "Test mode" message that is displayed in Windows

Note: References to Windows 8 also apply to Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Test mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10240

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues with applications after installing Windows 10. We will help you to resolve the issue.

Since you are in Build 10240, I suggest you to update Windows to the latest Build 10525 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I also suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Please refer the response created by Andre Da Costa (MVP, Community Moderator & Wiki Author) given below.

Windows 10 Test Mode watermark

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark

Test Mode Watermark Windows 10

Hi Lee,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Which operating system are you using?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    The test mode message indicates that the test signing mode of the operating system is started on the computer. The test signing mode may start if an installed program is in a test phase because it uses drivers that are not digitally signed by Microsoft.
    Microsoft added test mode to Windows so that users can test programs without having to provide an authentication certificate.

Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy or type the command below and then hit Enter:

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark

1. Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark - Similar Threads - Pro Test Mode

2. What I did to fix Test Mode watermark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What I did to fix Test Mode watermark: Bcdedit -set DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKSBcdedit -set loadoptions TESTSIGNING OFFIf you had an error with Bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF its because they left out "loadoptions"You could try doing it with "ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" but I'm not sure if that would work because I...
  3. What I did to fix Test Mode watermark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What I did to fix Test Mode watermark: Bcdedit -set DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKSBcdedit -set loadoptions TESTSIGNING OFFIf you had an error with Bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF its because they left out "loadoptions"You could try doing it with "ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" but I'm not sure if that would work because I...
  4. What I did to fix Test Mode watermark

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Surface pro test mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface pro test mode: Good day, how do I get my surface pro in "test mode"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-test-mode/aff3b110-c5b3-44f6-b8dc-0806e201e65e
  6. Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark - Unsigned driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark - Unsigned driver: Hi all, couple of threads on reddit about this. None with an answer. I have an unsigned USB gamepad driver installed. I disabled driver signing to allow this. Since then I have a test mode watermark. How do I remove the watermark but keep unsigned drivers enabled? My Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Test Mode watermark

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Test Mode watermark: Hi, My PC puts a watermark on the bottom right with "Test Mode" written. https://imgur.com/jUAnLqs I looked for a solution to this problem on my side and I found several discussions which said to make a "bcdedit /set testsigning off" command, so I did it and then I restart...
  8. Test Mode Watermark Not Disabling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Test Mode Watermark Not Disabling: Hi, I am having the Test Mode watermark text appearing on my screen. I have followed three set of instructions: Type 'bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING off' in cmd as admin Disable driver signature enforcement in UEFI/BIOS initialization Disable driver signature enforcement via...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Activation and Test Mode Watermark.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Activation and Test Mode Watermark.: A users machine has been upgraded from windows 10 to Pro. The process went smoothly according to my IT colleague and bitlocker has been turned on, however the user is getting the message that Windows needs activating and as of today TEST MODE has appeared as a watermark. We...
  10. Windows 10 fullscreen TEST MODE watermark

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 fullscreen TEST MODE watermark: I bought a new Dell laptop and it came with a Windows 10 Home Single Language activated with a digital licence linked to my Microsoft acount, but from time to time I get a fullscreen watermark sayint TEST MODE. I went to Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro test mode

2. windows 10 pro test mode watermark

3. windows 10 test mode watermark

4. windows pro test mode