Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Timeline no longer displaying all activity tiles

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Timeline no longer displaying all activity tiles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem with windows timeline not displaying every file that is opened. I.e. it will display the activity tile in Activity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DustinHames, May 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Timeline no longer displaying all activity tiles

Hello,

I am having a problem with windows timeline not displaying every file that is opened. I.e. it will display the activity tile in Activity History for WordDocument1.docx but not WordDocument2.docx, even though the files are in the same directory. Similarity it will do that with CAD files, pdfs, photos, other office documents etc. I am using a Lenovo P51 with Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.503)

This problem started the after updating to 1809. Unfortunately I am outside of the 10 day window that Microsoft allows for roll back.

Once I find a file that an activity tile gets created for. Windows Timeline will reliably create that activity tile whether it is stored on a network drive or a local drive. However, once that file is moved to a new location the reliable activity tile creation stops.

I have a ticket open (SRX1472050098ID) but I have been disconnected several times due to the updates Microsoft is performing on their system.

The first thing I tired when I noticed I had a problem was to make sure everything was turned on in Settings à Privacy àActivity History. “Store my activity history on this device”, “Send my activity to Microsoft” and “Show activity from these accounts” are all turned on. They were already enabled.

I then tired adding the keys to the regsity, EnableActivityFeed, PublishUserActivities and UploadUserActivities and set them all to a value of “1”. No difference.

Then I tried adding the keys via group policy editor.

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\OS Policies

Enable Activity Feed = Enabled

Allow publishing of User Activities = Enabled

Allow upload of User Activities = Enabled

No difference.

I tried creating a local account and logging in with that, no difference.

I checked to see if “sync settings” was turned on under Settings à Accounts à Sync your settings. It was not turned on so I enabled it and it did not make a difference.

sfc /scannow shows no integrity violations.

Disabling my antivirus and firewall (Bitdefender Total Security 2019) made no difference.

Reinstalling windows made no difference.

Running microsoftaccountdiagnostic.diagcab found a couple of issues “Cant connect to the sync service” and “Rootcauses founds and logs created” are both listed as detected but I am not sure what to do with this information.

Also, when I log into the privacy dashboard on the Microsoft website, accessible through the “Privacy dashboard option under activity History setting it records which app I was using but not the file name.

Checking “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” in netplwiz, restarting and deselecting seems to increase the number of programs that make activity tiles but all files still do not create an activity tile.

More missing activity tiles seem to be from files loaded from network drives (specifically, Google Drive Filestream) but I cant seem to nail down a pattern.

Any help is greatly apricated!

Regards,

Dustin

https://howtofixwindows.com/windows-10-timeline-feature-not-working/

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...ngs-for-microsoft-account-in-windows-10.7555/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...eline-no/5d133062-d976-43b7-9271-7c0baa8437b2

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-working/df05dc80-d9ff-4b4e-aad9-7764b75c479f

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-timeline-not-working-in-windows-10

Indexing

https://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/101009-timeline-not-working-me-2.html

Current configuration

In Group Policy Editor

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\OS Policies

Enable Activity Feed = Enabled

Allow publishing of User Activities = Enabled

Allow upload of User Activities = Enabled

in Regedit

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SettingSync\Groups

Added “Enabled” value set to “1”

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SettingSync\Groups\AppSync

Changed “Enabled” from Value from “0” to “1”

:)

DustinHames, May 27, 2019

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, May 27, 2019
  3. Windows Timeline

So timeline was working up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Desktop running windows 10 pro on a domain -not signed into a Microsoft account. It will keep any local stuff and all web activities but anytime I open a file from a mapped drive it never shows in
    the timeline. Any suggestions?

WilliamRichard2, May 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro Timeline no longer displaying all activity tiles

Windows 10 Timeline: no 'see all activities' option in timeline...

Hi Andrew,

If you're already logged in with your Microsoft account and still don't have the option to see all activities on each date, then it's possible that the activities on your account has been hidden from your Timeline. To verify this, please check if
    Show activities from accounts option has been turned off. If it is, then follow these steps to turn it on:

1. Open Settings > Privacy > Activity history.
    2. Under Activity history, check the box for Let Windows collect my activities from this PC.
    3. Under Show activities from accounts, make sure to toggle it
      on
      for your account.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Timeline no longer displaying all activity tiles

1. Windows 10 Pro Timeline no longer displaying all activity tiles - Similar Threads - Pro Timeline longer

2. Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed: Greyed out timeline tile doesn't get removedI know someone has asked the same question, but the answer doesn't work.The suggested way to remove the tile grey or not, I suppose is to delete the files in the "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform"...
  3. Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed: Greyed out timeline tile doesn't get removedI know someone has asked the same question, but the answer doesn't work.The suggested way to remove the tile grey or not, I suppose is to delete the files in the "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform"...
  4. Greyed out timeline tile won't be removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. timeline activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    timeline activity: when history is cleared, ghost images of files are visible on display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline-activity/3e2f30ed-a0d5-4ae1-9a24-48282a65fc1a"
  6. Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10: When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken and won't delete. Your advice on whats happing Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 Pro will no longer activate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro will no longer activate?: Hello, I had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro and it nows says that my licence key is no longer valid. Im not paying over £221 just to use the licence key. Thats just a money grabbing rip off. All i need is just a licence key can I just buy the licence key. There are some on...
  8. Windows 10 Timeline: no 'see all activities' option in timeline...

Windows 10 Timeline: no 'see all activities' option in timeline...: As per subject, I don't have the option to "See all activities" next to the date in timeline. Anyone know what gives here?...
  9. Windows 10 Timeline Activity

Windows 10 Timeline Activity: Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.112. I am having an issue with Windows 10 timeline. Deleted activity but it just greyed it out with no way of removing it. I have disabled Timeline and have cleared all Activity History but it remains. The only way to not see the file,...
  10. Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 How to Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 Starting with activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or other activities, either on your PC or your phone. To resume your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. see all activities

2. no activities on timeline

3. show me all activites

4. Show me my activities on screen