Windows 10: Windows 10 pro to 11 pro

Discus and support Windows 10 pro to 11 pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I just bought this HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Desktop Mini PC USFF AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 2400GE , 16GB 240GB SSD from ebay and it has pre-installed windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Μακης Θεοδωρου, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Windows 10 pro to 11 pro

Hello! I just bought this HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Desktop Mini PC USFF AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 2400GE , 16GB 240GB SSD from ebay and it has pre-installed windows 10 pro. Can i get straight a lisence for 11 pro and activate them or do i have to get the license for 10 pro and afterwards upgrade them to 11 pro as you discribe to a recent article i just read? Thank you in advanced!

:)

Μακης Θεοδωρου, Nov 30, 2023
  2. JonGrimes Win User

Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.

What's the most straightforward way of accomplishing this? The obvious approach that comes to mind involves two steps:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro on new computer and activate with my existing retail license.
    2. Upgrade new computer to 11 Pro for free through the settings.
    Is there a simpler way of doing this without having to reinstall Windows 10? For example, would it be possible to somehow "trade in" my Windows 10 Pro license for 11 Pro? I'm fairly new to Windows licensing and am just trying to understand what is possible/best practice, with minimal effort.

Zachary100, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Mathgy73 Win User

Windows 10 pro to 11 pro

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro

Hi Paloma,

On May 17, 2022, I installed Windows 11 on all of my Windows 10 PCs and the process was as all described:

• Windows 10 to Windows 11
    • Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro
    Installation was flawless on all platforms. Likewise, Windows 11 is performing flawlessly. Kudos to Microsoft for developing and delivering an OS which merits being a replacement for Windows 10.

Thanks to you, Paloma, and all others who provided assistance to me.

Kindest regards!!

Mathgy73, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 pro to 11 pro

1. Windows 10 pro to 11 pro - Similar Threads - pro pro

2. Trouble logging in or switching user profiles on a Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble logging in or switching user profiles on a Surface Pro: My daughter has a surface pro and was set up on her school account. She’s just moved schools and the log in now no longer works but it was the only profile set up on the tablet. When we go to ‘other user’ in the bottom left hand corner and try and log in with either my...
  3. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro: I have Windows 7 loaded on a PC and want to install a new Windows 11 Pro Upgrade. What I've researched guides me to open Settings. I don't have that on my PC. It's an older PC so any ideas of how to upload the new Windows 11?...
  4. Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11 Pro: I have Windows 7 loaded on a PC and want to install a new Windows 11 Pro Upgrade. What I've researched guides me to open Settings. I don't have that on my PC. It's an older PC so any ideas of how to upload the new Windows 11?...
  5. Hibernate Windows 11 Pro,?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate Windows 11 Pro,?: Where is the option to Hibernate my Windows 11 Pro, build 22631.3880, computer? I have Typed powercfg /hibernate on in the Admin Windows Command Processor and have tried other suggested procedures. However, I am still unable to find Power and Battery > Additional Options...
  6. Hibernate Windows 11 Pro,?

Hibernate Windows 11 Pro,?: Where is the option to Hibernate my Windows 11 Pro, build 22631.3880, computer? I have Typed powercfg /hibernate on in the Admin Windows Command Processor and have tried other suggested procedures. However, I am still unable to find Power and Battery > Additional Options...
  7. Windows won't activate on my computer Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't activate on my computer Windows 10 pro: I bought a windows 11 pro product key from Newegg to activate windows 10 after I changed all of my hardware but migrated by harddrives. I can't update windows because it keeps giving me errors and I can't put in the key because I get the error that "Windows can't be activated...
  8. Windows won't activate on my computer Windows 10 pro

Windows won't activate on my computer Windows 10 pro: I bought a windows 11 pro product key from Newegg to activate windows 10 after I changed all of my hardware but migrated by harddrives. I can't update windows because it keeps giving me errors and I can't put in the key because I get the error that "Windows can't be activated...
  9. Windows won't activate on my computer Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Hi...I wanted to know if I can cancel a Windows 11 Pro Get Genuine license after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi...I wanted to know if I can cancel a Windows 11 Pro Get Genuine license after...: Hi...I wanted to know if I can cancel a Windows 11 Pro Get Genuine license after provisioning on Partner Center. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hii-wanted-to-know-if-i-can-cancel-a-windows-11/a2f4ac57-e64d-4c21-8f0c-fb7ff00370aa