Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro to Education - Clean Install vs Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro to Education - Clean Install vs Upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently received a key from my university for Windows 10 Education and want to upgrade my existing Win 10 Pro. Are there any benefits in doing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DFG, Sep 3, 2015.

1. DFG
    DFG Win User

Windows 10 Pro to Education - Clean Install vs Upgrade

I recently received a key from my university for Windows 10 Education and want to upgrade my existing Win 10 Pro. Are there any benefits in doing a clean install straight from the Win 10 Education iso versus running an upgrade from Pro to Education?

p.s. I ran a new install of Win 10 Pro a few days ago and am a bit reluctant to reformat again. Although, I'd rather reformat now while there isn't much on the PC.

:)

2. upgrade from Win 10 pro to edu

How to upgrade from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 education on surface pro 3, surface pro 4 and surface book. Do I need to clean install the Windows 10 education or is there any other way of doing it.

Many thanks in advance.

Infoseeker_21, Sep 3, 2015
  3. DarkLaw Win User
    What's the difference between Windows 10 Education vs Windows 10 pro?

What's the difference between Windows 10 Education vs Windows 10 pro?

DarkLaw, Sep 3, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I would not see any. Clean installs are good to get rid of extraneous stuff that would be left over from a previous Operating System. All the upgrade from Pro to Education is doing is adding to the existing platform, not replacing anything. It's not much different than just installing something like Office.

NavyLCDR, Sep 3, 2015
  5. DFG
    DFG Win User
    Thanks for the reply NavyLCDR!

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro to Education - Clean Install vs Upgrade - Similar Threads - Pro Education Clean

2. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  3. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  4. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clean Install WIndows Education

Clean Install WIndows Education: I originally build a pc and someone had a flashdrive with Windows Pro or so I though so I can download it and have at least the Windows basics without putting the product id. Years later I finally went and purchased Windows Home from official Microsoft Website and did a clean...
  6. Clean Install WIndows Education

Clean Install WIndows Education: I originally build a pc and someone had a flashdrive with Windows Pro or so I though so I can download it and have at least the Windows basics without putting the product id. Years later I finally went and purchased Windows Home from official Microsoft Website and did a clean...
  7. can't activate Windows 10 Pro clean install vs 8.1 to 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't activate Windows 10 Pro clean install vs 8.1 to 10 upgrade: hey all, i'm running into an issue with activating a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my netbook. i did an upgrade on the same netbook from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, which installed and activated fine. i decided to try wiping the drive (SSD) and install...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade or clean install - Retail vs OEM?

Windows 10 upgrade or clean install - Retail vs OEM?: Hi New here - sorry if not in right section. Basically, I have a fresh unused Win 8.1 (non pro) retail boxed licence that I'm thinking of using to get Windows 10 Home before the free upgrade expires. I was thinking of performing a clean install of Win 10 and activating...
  9. Upgrade vs Clean Install

Upgrade vs Clean Install: The fix for many problems seems to be a Clean Install but this is defeating part of the test process. When 10 is released, I would bet 90% of the people who switch will do an upgrade because that is what they are being offered. Few will know what a Clean Install is, much less...
  10. Windows 10 Pro vs Education

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro vs Education: So I recently discovered that I can get a copy of Windows 10 Education from my school for free, and I was wondering if that would be a good upgrade. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro, but based on the few comparison tables I could find Education seems to be on par with...