Windows 10: windows 10 pro to new laptop with home

Discus and support windows 10 pro to new laptop with home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 Pro(updated from windows 8) laptop. And I recently brought a new laptop with windows home. And now I want to sell my old laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ErangaKodikara, Jul 12, 2019.

1. windows 10 pro to new laptop with home

I have a windows 10 Pro(updated from windows 8) laptop. And I recently brought a new laptop with windows home. And now I want to sell my old laptop without the windows 10 pro license and want to put windows 10 pro license in to my new laptop which already runs Win10 home. Can I do this? I don't have any license key etc.

:)

ErangaKodikara, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro on new laptop

hi there, i previously bought Windows 10 Pro and installed it on my laptop. My laptop was stolen a day ago. I have deactivated the stolen laptop on my Microsoft account and now need to install Windows 10 Pro on my new laptop. My new laptop runs Windows
    Home currently. I have tried to upgrade through the Windows Store but it requires an activation key that I don't have. Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about installing a previously bought copy of Windows 10. I bought it through the Windows store originally.

MadelaineWelman, Jul 12, 2019
  4. myagkov-a Win User

windows 10 pro to new laptop with home

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 pro to new laptop with home

1. windows 10 pro to new laptop with home - Similar Threads - pro laptop home

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade issue on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade issue on a new laptop: I just purchased a new Dell XPS laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I went into settings and Activation to purchase the Pro edition. It took me to the Windows store, the purchase was completed and the machine said it was updating and then rebooted. When the machine...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home on new laptop with digital license

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home on new laptop with digital license: On my old laptop, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home Editioncame pre-installed using Microsoft Store. It shows 'Windows is activated with a digital license'. I'm assuming that it means that the license is linked to my Microsoft Account. With the 'slmgr -dli' cmd it shows...
  4. Windows 10 Home license on new laptop

Windows 10 Home license on new laptop: I have an existing Windows 10 Home license I double checked, and it has a product key which came with my desktop. Early this week I bought a laptop, and have managed to link / use this same license for the laptop. I factory reset the desktop and also removed the desktop...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from OLD laptop to --> New laptop's OEM Windows 10 home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from OLD laptop to --> New laptop's OEM Windows 10 home: Hello there, My old laptop has retired which came with DOS, I bought "Windows 7 pro" for it; then later upgraded it to "Win 10 pro" as Microsoft was generous to let me do that for free. Now I bought a new laptop which has OEM "Windows 10 Home", I wish to make use of...
  6. Windows 10 home on new laptop and it's validity.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home on new laptop and it's validity.: Hi, I just bought a new laptop online. It says it has windows 10 home 64 bit. However, in the discussions part, some one has asked if it's for lifetime validity and the answer is no. How is it possible? If the laptop comes with Windows 10, it is for the lifetime, right?...
  7. New laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro licence I...

New laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro licence I...: I purchased new computer MSI GF75 9SC,W10H with preinstalled Windows10 Home. My very very old computer is out of order and I want to use my digitally purchased 7years ago from Microsoft directly Windows 10Pro product key in new computer. Is it possible and how to to it? I...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to a new laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to a new laptop: How can I find the product code for my retail purchased Windows 10 Pro? I do not have the confirmation email from the time of purchase. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-pro-to-a-new-laptop/74c1c3e5-faf0-4845-85fa-8c8c4642482c"
  9. New laptop, Windows 10 Pro looks like Win10 Home.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New laptop, Windows 10 Pro looks like Win10 Home.: I have a brand new laptop with Win10 Pro installed, and yes, I've checked settings. It's so new, I haven't even installed any programs yet. The Win <Start> screen is tiled, not linear like the Win10 Pro on my other laptop, I'd prefer to have the linear view. How do I do it?...
  10. new laptop ---- Windows 10 Home

new laptop ---- Windows 10 Home: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 1 laptop with windows 10 Home. Shouldn't the Windows 10 license be on sticker stuck to the laptop or on paperwork in the box the laptop came in?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new laptop with windows 10 home doesnt let activate old pro key