Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently assembled a PC after my Laptop's motherboard got fried up. I have windows 10 Pro installed in my PC already & updated to latest build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Somarpan Pradhan, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

I have recently assembled a PC after my Laptop's motherboard got fried up. I have windows 10 Pro installed in my PC already & updated to latest build without activation. Now i want to activate my windows 10 to Home edition through a digital key. My questions are :

1. If i buy a windows 10 Home key & apply it, will my windows 10 Pro be converted to Home edition automatically or i have to install windows 10 again?

2. I am using the same Microsoft account that i was using in my laptop. Will it cause any problem during activation ?

:)

Somarpan Pradhan, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jul 11, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

1. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Pro Home

2. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?: I've been asked this by a friend, but I'm not familiar enough with 10 hardware to give him an answer. He's thinking of purchasing this laptop, but doesn't want 10 Home. It's an Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-749U Laptop 15.6". (The 749U may designate our NZ\AU market) The local...
  3. Is there any free way to change the windows 10 home edition to unactivated pro for free, so...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any free way to change the windows 10 home edition to unactivated pro for free, so...: We have a product key for windows 10 pro, but we need to change the windows edition to be able to use it. submitted by /u/TheRealCrayZee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2kgun/is_there_any_free_way_to_change_the_windows_10/
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro error when using Windows 7 Ultimate Key 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home to Pro error when using Windows 7 Ultimate Key 0x80070057: Windows Version 1909 I get this error when I try upgrading with Windows 7 Ultimate key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-to-pro-error-when-using-windows-7/497cd777-805c-40b1-a389-b0398a3051e7
  5. Windows 10 Home Single Language Upgrade to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Single Language Upgrade to Pro: Hello everyone. I have this version of Windows 10 Home Single Language linked to my microsoft account as it came with the laptop i bought a couple of years ago. I recently wanted to upgrade to Pro and got myself a key online and, as have seen many people say, the...
  6. windows 10 pro to home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro to home: I just built my first pc and i installed the free download of windows 10 Pro N. I finally decided that i wanted to pay for windows 10 Home but when i try to it only gives me a option to activate windows 10 Pro. How do i get windows 10 Home instead of windows 10 Pro?...
  7. need to upgrade from home to pro, are keys found online safe?

need to upgrade from home to pro, are keys found online safe?: remote desktop is disabled on home and i recently found out that i need to use it, but i have home so I need to upgrade to at least pro. i do not feel like paying $130 just to be able to use one feature, is it safe to use those keys from the internet? if you have workarounds...
  8. Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.

Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.: As the title states, I recently reinstalled W10 on my laptop and just realized that it now has Windows 10 Home edition. How can I upgrade it? I don't have any product key. I thought that the licence was associated to the hardware and I didn't need to enter any key....
  9. Windows 10 Home/Pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Home/Pro: I am looking up for Windows 10 Home Pro 161481
  10. Does a Windows 10 Pro Retail License wipe an OEM Windows 10 Home license permanently?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does a Windows 10 Pro Retail License wipe an OEM Windows 10 Home license permanently?: I own a Windows 10 Pro Retail License with the included USB from a previous pc build which I have now sold as parts. I have recently bought a laptop as a replacement with an OEM Windows 10 Home license that I am planning on keeping for a year or two and replacing in the...