Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So if you look through my post history you'll see that my digital license for Windows Home will no longer activate as I had to replace my motherboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cmajewsk, Jun 1, 2020.

1. cmajewsk Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?

So if you look through my post history you'll see that my digital license for Windows Home will no longer activate as I had to replace my motherboard. So I have been forced to purchase a new key, even though I already spent $129.99. So I purchasedWindows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store, and received my product key. I have a Dell laptop with a newly formatted hard drive. My question is, if I put this KEY from my newly purchased version of Windows Pro on this machine and I buy a new machine later this year and want to format the manufacture's build with a clean install, can I then use this key if I format the hard drive of the current machine? In effect transfer the license? Or will the new machine not activate and I will have to purchase yet another license...

Thanks!

:)

cmajewsk, Jun 1, 2020

2. Transferring Win 10 license to new machine.

Perform a direct clean install of Windows 10 Pro on the new machine, then use your Windows 8 Pro key to reactivate:

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Then use chat support to reactivate:

Resources: How
    to install and activate Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key

Andre Da Costa, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Robert_os Win User
    Move windows 10 pro license from virtual machine to physical machine.

I need to move a windows 10 pro license from a virtual machine to a physical machine. The license has been bought as windows 10 pro not upgrade etc. The thing is that the computer (Mac book pro) where the virtual machine used to live is now dead beyond
    repair and to expensive to use. So I want to install windows 10 on a dell laptop now but I cant deactivate the old license on the virtual machine. Any suggestions?

Robert_os, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?

Transferring Win 10 license to new machine.

I wish to transfer my existing win 10 pro license to a new machine and install a new win 10 home license on my old machine How do I do that?

DonAnderson_12, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?

1. Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another? - Similar Threads - Pro Transfer License

2. Transfer license from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license from one PC to another: Hi,Case #: 1047820652I'm trying to transfer the Windows 10 Pro digital license from an older PC to a new PC.I removed the device linked to the old PC from my Microsoft account and now I can't reuse that license. I know now that I shouldn't have done that.I've got two licenses...
  3. Transfer license from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license from one PC to another: Hi,Case #: 1047820652I'm trying to transfer the Windows 10 Pro digital license from an older PC to a new PC.I removed the device linked to the old PC from my Microsoft account and now I can't reuse that license. I know now that I shouldn't have done that.I've got two licenses...
  4. Transfer license from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to transfer Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade license to another machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade license to another machine?: Hello.About a month ago I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store, but my laptop developed certain issues, so I had to buy a new one, loaded with Windows 11 Home.Is there any way I cancel my upgrade on the old machine and transfer it...
  6. How to transfer Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade license to another machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer Windows 10/11 Pro upgrade license to another machine?: Hello.About a month ago I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store, but my laptop developed certain issues, so I had to buy a new one, loaded with Windows 11 Home.Is there any way I cancel my upgrade on the old machine and transfer it...
  7. Transferring the Windows 10 License from one VM to another

Transferring the Windows 10 License from one VM to another: Hello Team,Hope you are doing Well .!I have activated the Windows 10 License in one of my VM what if I terminate the same can I use that key in other VM too after that ..Regards,Faizan...
  8. transfer windows 10 pro to another machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows 10 pro to another machine: Hi! I purchased Windows 10 Pro less than a year ago, but now I no longer have access to my old Alienware laptop to uninstall it there. How can I install W Pro to my new machine?...
  9. how to transfer a a windows 10 license from one machine to another

how to transfer a a windows 10 license from one machine to another: how to transfer a a windows 10 license from one machine to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-a-a-windows-10-license-from-one/916b0002-1908-457f-8053-8079e46101a2
  10. Transferring of Licenses from one PC to another.

Transferring of Licenses from one PC to another.: Hello, I would like to transfer a Windows 10 license from on PC to another. I have purchased windows 10 home from the digital store on one of my PC's, lets call it PC1. PC1 is activated with Windows 10 Home with a "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...