Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - Turn Bitlocker on

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - Turn Bitlocker on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro and went to turn Bitlocker on and got this message: This device cannot use a Trusted Platform... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DebbieL1234, May 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro - Turn Bitlocker on

Hi,

I've just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro and went to turn Bitlocker on and got this message:

This device cannot use a Trusted Platform Module. Your administrator must set Allow Bitlocker without a compatible TPM" option in thr "Require additional authentication at start-up" policy for OS volumes.

This is my personal laptop, currently setting it up to be able to work from it and my account is an administrator account.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

:)

DebbieL1234, May 11, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, May 11, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Installing Bitlocker to encrypt

Hello,

To install BitLocker, your PC must satisfied system requirements. We'd like to clarify, what edition of Windows 10 do you have? In addition, you must be logged in as an admistrator and have an access to printer to print the recovery key.

If you're using Windows 10 Pro and meet the requirements, follow these steps to enable BitLocker.

• Click Start. Type Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click BitLocker Drive.
    • Hit Turn on BitLocker.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, May 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Turn Bitlocker on

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - Turn Bitlocker on

1. Windows 10 Pro - Turn Bitlocker on - Similar Threads - Pro Turn Bitlocker

2. Turn of Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn of Bitlocker: I have an external USB drive encrypted with Bit lockerWas able to access it just fine with the passwordChoose the “turn off BitLocker” optionIt went through the steps of decryptingThe drive disappeared from the file manager when it returned it was still locked and the...
  3. Turn of Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn of Bitlocker: I have an external USB drive encrypted with Bit lockerWas able to access it just fine with the passwordChoose the “turn off BitLocker” optionIt went through the steps of decryptingThe drive disappeared from the file manager when it returned it was still locked and the...
  4. BitLocker for Windows 10 Pro

BitLocker for Windows 10 Pro: Hi everyone I am looking at ways to encrypt my drive but I have never done this before. I need to make sure it does what I think it does. If an unauthorized person has physical access to a hard drive and the drive is not encrypted then accessing those files is super easy....
  5. Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro: I updated my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro so that I could use bitlocker. I have an ASUS laptop without a TPM and 2 harddisks. Each harddisk is partioned with 2 partations which give me the drives C;, D:, E: and F:. The Windows system is installed on drive C:. Hyper-V is...
  6. BITLOCKER AUTOPLAY WINDOWS 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BITLOCKER AUTOPLAY WINDOWS 10 PRO: Is there any way that when I plugged in an encrypted USB drive that the password prompt is automaticlly displayed? At this time when I plug in my device I get a blank File Explorer "Location is not available" windows and message that "G:\ is not accessible. Access is...
  7. Bitlocker 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker 10 Pro: Hi there, my company has recommended that I purchse bitlocker Pro to protect data on my computer, can you provide me with guidance on how to purchase and install here ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-10-pro/4c20a1c4-fd94-4058-ab6f-c9aa96807226
  8. Windows 10 Pro automatic BitLocker

Windows 10 Pro automatic BitLocker: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home. I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and noticed that BitLocker had turned on automatically on both C and D drives. Is this normal?...
  9. Bitlocker not encrypting document partition (Windows 10 Pro)

Bitlocker not encrypting document partition (Windows 10 Pro): I've turned on Bitlocker on my laptop. It doesn't seem to have encrypted all of my logical drives, and for a couple of them it doesn't give me the option. I have a 1 TB hybrid drive which currently has 4 partitions: C, E, F, and a recovery partition. As far as I recall, I...
  10. BitLocker won't turn on; system can't find file (Windows 10 Pro).

BitLocker won't turn on; system can't find file (Windows 10 Pro).: I have a hybrid drive with three partitions. I want to encrypt the two non-system partitions. One is working, and one isn't. Pre-encryption, this is the set-up: [img] The E drive is currently in the process of encrypting, apparently without any problem. But while...