Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro unable to change laptop password

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro unable to change laptop password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't change my laptop password I can't see the option to change my laptop password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MinKaungKyaw, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro unable to change laptop password

I can't change my laptop password I can't see the option to change my laptop password.

:)

MinKaungKyaw, Sep 28, 2020

2. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Sep 28, 2020
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro unable to change laptop password

Unable to change system sign-in password on Windows 10

HI Jonne,

As you are unable to change the password on your device, provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to change the password?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue if any?
    • Are you trying to change password for Microsoft account while signing to the device?

If you are referring to changing the password for Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

How do I change my password?

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro unable to change laptop password

1. Windows 10 Pro unable to change laptop password - Similar Threads - Pro unable change

2. Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10: I can't change the brightness but I can when I reboot into Apple but at that point I am wasting my time missing around with the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macbook-pro-unable-to-change-the-brightness-with/34be0c2c-01d1-4d49-a228-e3e5d5a80e67
  3. Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10: I can't change the brightness but I can when I reboot into Apple but at that point I am wasting my time missing around with the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macbook-pro-unable-to-change-the-brightness-with/34be0c2c-01d1-4d49-a228-e3e5d5a80e67
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Password change issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - Password change issues: When trying to change password and password hint, after changes are entered a message pops up that Windows cannot change the password. Then a message that the system will restart in 1 minute. After restart, the password actually has changed but the password hint remains...
  5. Windows 10 Pro change from PIN to Password

Windows 10 Pro change from PIN to Password: I just got a new computer with Windows 10 Professional. In setting it up I created a PIN. I don't recall setting a password. I'm pretty sure I didn't. I now want to use a software application that requires a password, not a PIN. Using my PIN to access the account, I go...
  6. Unable to change password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change password: I've tried going CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting 'Change Password' but when i go to click 'change password' after typing in my old password and a new one, it comes up with the following message: Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either...
  7. Unable to change Windows login password.

Unable to change Windows login password.: I am unable to change my current password for administrator account on Windows 10 home ver. 1. I click the start menu button, 2. I click the settings icon button, 3. In the Windows settings window I click the accounts not actually an icon, 4. I cannot find where...
  8. Unable to login or change password Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login or change password Windows 10: Hi, After a recent system update, my PC no longer accepts my password at login. When I try using the forgot my password button I get the error message "Windows couldn't connect to the ProfSvc service. Contact your system administrator." I am the system admin. When I tried...
  9. Windows 10 Pro No Password Change Notification on Domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Pro No Password Change Notification on Domain: Hello I have had several complaints from my users about not getting any warning notification before their passwords expire. I have checked our local group policy and it is set to notify 5 days before a password expires. I am thinking I might have accidentally turned of the...
  10. unable to change win10 pro password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to change win10 pro password: I set up my local user password on my new PC but tried to change it in Settings but clicked on the Change tab nothing happened just got a quick hourglass timer icon. This is so frustrating such a simple thing made difficult by MS Please advise 65196