Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - unable to reschedule or pause updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - unable to reschedule or pause updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a brand new installation of Windows 10 Professional, which is up to date with the 1810 update. When I go to Settings/Update &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StephenT999, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro - unable to reschedule or pause updates

Hi, I have a brand new installation of Windows 10 Professional, which is up to date with the 1810 update.

When I go to Settings/Update & Security/Windows Update/Advanced Options, the option to reschedule or pause a Windows Update is simply not there. I have searched on the web for answers and it has been suggested that may be an issue with the registry. But I have checked and none of the touted solutions work for me. Besides, how could the registry be wrong on a brand new computer with a brand new installation of Windows 10 Pro?

This extremely frustrating and concerning. The ability to postpone an update is critical for me. As I know from the Apple iOS world, updates often go wrong, so I always like to wait a week or two, to see how the update is received, before I apply it to my environment.

I don't understand why a key feature of Windows 10 Pro is missing from my installation. Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to what I can do.

Stephen

:)

StephenT999, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Rescheduling installation of Windows 10

We'd like to get the following information:

• What update were you trying to reschedule?
    • Is it an update or an upgrade to Windows 10?

Paola Gar, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 Pro - unable to reschedule or pause updates

Automatic updates are ruining my Internat usage.

Hi Frank,

Based on the details provided, Windows Update in Windows 10 is working by design and for security purposes the feature
    of disabling it is unavailable. However, you can reschedule or pause the update
    on your most convenient time and Defer the update for several months. To reschedule and pause
    Windows Update, follow these steps:

Reschedule Windows or Pause Update:

• On the search bar,
      type
      Settings
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Update & Security.

• Under
      Windows Update > Update settings, select
      Restart options.

• Select a
      schedule for your update.

Defer Windows Update:

• On the search bar, type
      Settings
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Update & Security.

• Under
      Windows Update > Update settings, select
      Advanced options.

• Check
      Defer feature updates.

For more information regarding reschedule or pause
    updates, click
    here
    and for defer updates, click
    here.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - unable to reschedule or pause updates

1. Windows 10 Pro - unable to reschedule or pause updates - Similar Threads - Pro unable reschedule

2. unable to pause update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to pause update: I am not really sure what happened. Im unable to pause updates, I can't seem to fix it in any ways I've found in Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-pause-update/bc827dfa-2bc7-443b-87ba-c34404cd064e
  3. unable to pause update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to pause update: I am not really sure what happened. Im unable to pause updates, I can't seem to fix it in any ways I've found in Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-pause-update/bc827dfa-2bc7-443b-87ba-c34404cd064e
  4. unable to pause update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  6. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  7. Unable to update to Windows 10 Pro

Unable to update to Windows 10 Pro: Good Day,I purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store and when the install is complete I get a message to say that it cannot be activated because it may not be a genuine version of windows. I also never received a product key so I am unable to to enter that manually.Please...
  8. Windows update time reschedule

Windows update time reschedule: I accidentally turned off the option to set the time to reschedule the update and the option to turn it back on has disappeared. Help, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-time-reschedule/5d2fed12-fc94-44cf-a820-db5f209568fc
  9. Unable to update windows 10 pro

Unable to update windows 10 pro: Unable to update 10 pro to 1803 have ran troubleshooter (online) no good, has worked in the past keep getting error codes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-update-windows-10-pro/dd0b5621-0e1c-49ce-a7d5-551e9ff59494
  10. Rescheduling restarts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Rescheduling restarts: I'm not entirely happy that Microsoft demands that I accept all Windows updates (I'm running Win 10 Home), but I understand why they're doing it, and accept it. What's really bugging me is that my laptop keeps switching itself on at 2:30am in order to carry out a restart....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to update windows 10 pro

2. unable to pause windows 10 updates

3. reschedule update

4. unable to resume windows updates,
  5. unable to pause updates,
  6. windows 10 cannot pause updates pro,
  7. windows 10 pro unable pause updates