Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Update 2004 Disables Windows System Image Backup

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Update 2004 Disables Windows System Image Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro update 2004 causes Windows System Image to not work. After installing Windows 10 Update 2004, attempting to create a System Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Savian1, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Savian1 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Update 2004 Disables Windows System Image Backup

Windows 10 Pro update 2004 causes Windows System Image to not work. After installing Windows 10 Update 2004, attempting to create a System Image Backup brings up the dialog box: “Where do you want to save the backup” and backup then fails displaying another dialog box with the text:
    “Windows could not find backup devices on this computer. The following information might explain why this problem occurred:
    0x81000036

Close Windows Backup and try again.”

At the time I attempted to create a System Image Backup there were at least 5 backup devices available with a combined storage capacity of 15TB, and my System Disc is a 250GB SSD.

The below blog suggested disabling Microsoft Defender Application Guard and also Windows Sandbox, which I had previously disabled. I found that disabling Sandbox only did not fix this issue, I also had to disable Microsoft Defender Application Guard:

https://www.lesliewong.us/2019/08/18/system-image-error-0x81000036/

Thanks to Leslie Wong for the helpful info. and discussion in this blog!

Pls fix this bug Microsoft as it's very annoying and caused me much work cause my PC crashed and would not boot; and my only recourse was to restore from a system image backup that was last saved weeks before that problem occurred, causing me to lose a week's work.

Work-around solution that I posted:
    https://www.lesliewong.us/2019/08/18/system-image-error-0x81000036/#comment-116122

Also when I used Control Panel to disable Microsoft Defender Application Guard, Windows asked me why I disabled this feature; so I submitted My Feedback to Microsoft Community describing the above work-around solution.

:)

Savian1, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Pehla Win User
    windows 10 licencing and image backup??

tomorow im upgrading my system significantly(hope i speel the one right)... *Smile Windows 10 Pro Update 2004 Disables Windows System Image Backup :)
    cpu,mobo,ram..
    so my question is if i make windows image backup(curently amd platform),can i use it to install it on
    new hardware?? its intel this time...

Pehla, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Update 2004 Disables Windows System Image Backup - Similar Threads - Pro Update 2004

2. Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.: SUBTITLE: AOMEI appears not to work as I expected with Windows 10 Pro.++++++++++++++++++++The beauty of using the Backup and Restore app in the Windows 10 Home Control Panel is that you can restore your system image backup even when your PC won't boot.The key being the...
  3. Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.: SUBTITLE: AOMEI appears not to work as I expected with Windows 10 Pro.++++++++++++++++++++The beauty of using the Backup and Restore app in the Windows 10 Home Control Panel is that you can restore your system image backup even when your PC won't boot.The key being the...
  4. Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help disabling System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help disabling System Image Backup: Hi all, I have my system to automatically backup weekly to our server, and I would like it to create a system image of my C drive and my system reserved drive, but not my X Games drive. It takes almost 12 hours to backup that drive and need help to disable the X drive from...
  6. System image backup in windows 10

System image backup in windows 10: For storing system image backup, should I have a separate hard drive dedicated to system image backups? Can i use the hard drive to store any other data? How big would a system image file would be? If I had 50gb worth of data in my system, would the image file also be 50gb or...
  7. Windows 10 system image backup

Windows 10 system image backup: No matter how many times I go into control panel, file history, i can't find 'system image backup', on the left side of the page. or any options list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-system-image-backup/78afed59-2427-44cb-99f4-fa8bb173907b
  8. SYSTEM IMAGE aka SYSTEM BACKUP - WINDOWS 10 BUILD 2004

SYSTEM IMAGE aka SYSTEM BACKUP - WINDOWS 10 BUILD 2004: Hey guys & Gals For folks on @windows 10 Build 2004, who create system images for backup, if you find yourself in a jam due to SDD volume manager & TRIM, use @powershell with Administrative Rights for the system image creation below...@MSFTMechanics For Network based System...
  9. Windows 10 system image backup

Windows 10 system image backup: Since installing windows on a SSD drive, system image backup fails with an error Messages "Failure in preparing backup image (0x807800C5)" "Specified backup disk cannot be found (0x80780081)"...
  10. Windows 10 System Image Backup

Windows 10 System Image Backup: Sir/Mam I am unable to save a system image backup of my Windows 10. I am getting the following errors.(see attachment). I want to save my backup in my internal drive which is a different disk,( I have 3 separate internal hard disk). Format of partition is NTFS.I even tried...