Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Update and Defender dissapeared

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Update and Defender dissapeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! A few days ago I had a ransomware malware. I had nothing of value on my laptop and I manage to stop it using a ceratin app. But it somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JackBlack27, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro Update and Defender dissapeared

Hi!
    A few days ago I had a ransomware malware. I had nothing of value on my laptop and I manage to stop it using a ceratin app. But it somehow "deleted" my Windows Defender and Windows Update. I cannot search for Update, It sais that some seting are managed by my organisation. If I try searching for updates, I get the folowing error:
    "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070424)"
    Is there something I can do to restore these services without reinstalling Windows?
    Thank you!
    P.S.: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Buid 18363.836)

:)

JackBlack27, Jul 11, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 11, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 Pro Update and Defender dissapeared

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Update and Defender dissapeared

1. Windows 10 Pro Update and Defender dissapeared - Similar Threads - Pro Update Defender

2. Windows 10 installers just dissapears?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installers just dissapears?: I tried installing windows 10 to a windows 7 computer and while it was installing, when it asked me for a reboot I pressed yes and suddenly the installer screen dissapeared and everyrhing was like nothing happened. I rebooted the pc and currently installing again. If that...
  3. Windows 10 defender update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 defender update: Since my laptop updated. I can no longer download bank statements as I get '' Failed - Virus scan failed '' How do I get round this with Defender Virus checker? Windows 10 with no other virus checker on...
  4. Windows 10 Bluetooth dissapeared!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Bluetooth dissapeared!: I got some new bluetooth headphones yesterday, and used them for a couple of hours with my Dell Inspiron 13 7000 7386 laptop. Today when they wouldn’t work, I tried to turn on bluetooth and the slider to turn it on and off had dissapeared! Im pretty sure i turned it on last...
  5. My cursor dissapeared on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My cursor dissapeared on windows 10: My cursor dissapeared on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-dissapeared-on-windows-10/93cdc03d-2d3f-4f2c-babf-7c8fa2280a13
  6. Printer dissapears after Windows Updates

Printer dissapears after Windows Updates: I work on computers in peoples homes. I have had 3 HP printers in the last 3 weeks that have been broken by a MS Update. The printer is no longer able to be seen by the USB port. You can plug other device into it but the printer is not seen by the USB ports anymore. You have...
  7. windows 10 settings flashes then dissapears

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 settings flashes then dissapears: It is deeply unfortunate that windows have an almost complete monopoly on operating software because the concentration of power will ALWAYS lead to its abuse. I am unable to open "settings" from my start menu, it flashes, as if it is about to open, then disappears....
  8. Windows 10 Bluetooth dissapeared

Windows 10 Bluetooth dissapeared: Earlier today I was listening to some music and viewing a pdf when suddenly my headphones made a disconnecting sound. I use Sony WH CH 500 headphones which worked fine with my system before but now it would seem I don't have bluetooth. There is no bluetooth in the device...
  9. Windows 10 dissapeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dissapeared: Hi, My childs computer had windows 10 on it but hadnt been used for while. This operating system has now dissapeared. We can access internet only but no windows anymore. Can someone tell me how to get it back? We don't have the product key and I presume its because we didn't...
  10. Windows Defender Blocking Internet on Windows 10 Pro.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Blocking Internet on Windows 10 Pro.: Hello, I have a Dell desktop (XPS) and running Windows 10 Pro OS Build 17134.471 It is a private machine. Yesterday when i switched on the PC, after about an hour, the internet went down and all the browsers were inaccessible (Chrome, IE, Opera etc..). Each one saying...