Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Can't Find Product Key

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Can't Find Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Trying to get access to my MS Windows 10 Pro key. Bought via store upgrade. Please do not send a link telling me to look in order history, continue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ColerJ, Jan 3, 2021.

1. ColerJ Win User

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Can't Find Product Key

Trying to get access to my MS Windows 10 Pro key. Bought via store upgrade.

Please do not send a link telling me to look in order history, continue to read instead.

My order history order doesn't have any key information. There is also literally a dead link on my order page. See "One store" icon:

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Can't Find Product Key 7328167e-7d6a-4cfa-af4e-d1dc218590d4?upload=true.png

My order number is 6230473803

___________________________________________________________________________________

Additionally It is impossible or at least beyond frustrating to talk to a real person via the Virtual Agent system.

As an aside:.

1. Having absolutely no feedback about if the chat service is closed or your position in queue is terrible.

I try and talk to a person via the virtual agent and keep just getting this? Like, what does this even mean...

It doesn't explicitly say anywhere that the service is closed. It says that "call back" is closed, but I just want to talk to someone via chat. Not via callback. Like what the heck is this? Terrible.

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Can't Find Product Key 61ab0729-0554-4576-aff1-4fff0cd38013?upload=true.png

2. There is an loop in requests to get help for Microsoft Store virtual agent:

- On virtual agent ask to talk to someone

- Ask to talk about MS store

- Will direct you to "Microsoft Store Support" page

- MS Store Support page just redirects you back to the "Help client"

:)

ColerJ, Jan 3, 2021

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 3, 2021
  3. AddRAM Win User
    win 10 upgrade asking for product key

Just try it through Windows update, you shouldn`t have any issues.

Excellent question Navy, that`s probabaly why. If not then, as suggested, just use the Media Creation Tool and choose upgrade this PC in Step 3.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

AddRAM, Jan 3, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key

The keys are there because 1. It is the product key you end up with when you gain a digital license for Windows 10 Pro through legitimate means and 2. When you do a clean install of Windows 10 (without adding an ei.cfg file), on a computer with a product key for Windows 10 Home stored in UEFI, you can use the generic product key to upgrade the Windows 10 Home that installs by default to Windows 10 Pro - but only if you have an existing digital license for that computer for Windows 10 Pro previously stored on Microsoft Activation Servers.

The reason the generic Windows10 Pro product key will not upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Pro is because you do not have a preexisting digital license for Pro for that computer stored on Microsoft activation servers.

NavyLCDR, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Can't Find Product Key - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade Can't

2. Can't find the confirmation email for Windows 10 pro product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't find the confirmation email for Windows 10 pro product key.: Hi,I recently had a shop build me a PC and they installed a unactivated Windows 10 Home. I have just purchased a Windows 10 Pro so that I could activate it. But I failed to save the product key on the page when I just bought the software and I can't seem to find the...
  3. Can't find the confirmation email for Windows 10 pro product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find the confirmation email for Windows 10 pro product key.: Hi,I recently had a shop build me a PC and they installed a unactivated Windows 10 Home. I have just purchased a Windows 10 Pro so that I could activate it. But I failed to save the product key on the page when I just bought the software and I can't seem to find the...
  4. Can't find the confirmation email for Windows 10 pro product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can't find windows product key

can't find windows product key: I keep getting the notification that windows isn't activated on my device and it won't let me activate no matter what I try. I understand I need the product key but I can't find it anywhere. I've ran both command prompt and powershell trying to find it using commands that...
  6. Can't Find Product Key

Can't Find Product Key: Hello, I bought a pc and built it in August of 2020. When I bought all the parts I did not buy Windows 10 with it. I had to copy Windows and put it on the new PC. Then I bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft website and now have Microsoft Defender and all that. Now I want...
  7. can't find product key

can't find product key: I'm currently using an Apple iMac and I bought Windows 10 Pro. I was told I would get an email with this product key, I have received an email but all there is is it shows me that I bought it. Wheres my product key at?...
  8. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, no product key received, can't activate

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, no product key received, can't activate: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro however for some reason it's trying to activate itself as Windows 10 Enterprise. I have bought this upgrade from Microsoft Store, when I go into order history it is marked as completed but when I try to click for...
  9. Can't find windows product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find windows product key: So today when I right clicked on my monitor I clicked personalize and it said I wasn't able to personalize without activating windows but I don't know if I have a windows display key. I then looked it up and none of the articles told me how to find the key, even the one...
  10. Can't upgrade to an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade to an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro with product key: Scenario: Bought Win10 Home OEM for new computer build. Installed it and all of my requisite 3rd party software. Then find out that Home 10 does not allow RDP connections. *cry Buy 10 Pro OEM for $128 (rather than pay $99 for an upgrade through the Windows store so I have a...