Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. Went on MS store to upgrade through settings to Windows 10 Pro. The installation asks for activation again as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Saurabhkrd, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install

I got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. Went on MS store to upgrade through settings to Windows 10 Pro. The installation asks for activation again as the enterprise edition got installed. I have not seen any easy known solution as these are digital licenses.

:)

Saurabhkrd, Dec 13, 2020

2. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade causes

2. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Installed Unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Installed Unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise: I recently updated my laptop from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home. I checked the Activation status after the upgrade to Windows 10 Home and it showed that I have valid digitally activated home system. I then went to the Microsoft Store and purchased the Upgrade to Windows...
  3. Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise: Hi I just upgraded a licence from windows10 Home to pro by going through settings-activation settings-upgrade and it took me to Microsoft store after I bought and installed it setting show as windows10 enterprise and it show not activated how can I get the pro version I...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro

Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro: Hello, I am unsure about the process of upgrading from Pro edition to Enterprise. I'm working for an IT company and we have a Enterprise edition key which I manually entered on my workstation to try out. Previously it was Pro edition and after entering the Enterprise key...
  5. Upgraded to Pro - It installed Enterprise - Won't activate

Upgraded to Pro - It installed Enterprise - Won't activate: I upgraded my Surface Go from Home to Pro that I purchased at the MS Store for $99. It downloaded and installed Enterprise. No key was sent and it won't activate. Tried to rollback to Home and it failed. Short of reformatting and purchasing a new hard copy, any fix?...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Installed Unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Installed Unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise: I did, what was supposed to, upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro in the Settings/Store apps. However, it installed an unactivated 10 Enterprise instead!...
  7. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade on laptop, it installed WIndows 10 Enterprise

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade on laptop, it installed WIndows 10 Enterprise: Recently I had purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade for my laptop, but after it did the upgrade in place, it was no longer activated and showing as a Windows 10 Enterprise. This is with the current 1903 (OS Build 18362.116). Is there any reason for this?...
  8. Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise: I have a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased the $99 Windows Pro Upgrade and installed it. It is now showing the version is Windows 10 Enterprise. I checked my receipt and it's Windows 10 Pro (not Enterprise). Now, Windows is saying that I...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise: How to: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, deploying Windows Enterprise edition gets easier. Prior to Windows 10, the...
  10. in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise: Hi There, I got a request from business user to do in-place upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 PRO or enterprise without him loosing his data . I Have tried the straight forward method through windows logo pop-up which doesn't normally ask for windows licences and that...