Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro from Home. I purchased the digital license through the Microsoft store. Immediately following the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GeoffSchoeneck, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change

Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro from Home. I purchased the digital license through the Microsoft store. Immediately following the installation windows would not activate. There has been no hardware change and I am getting error code 0x803F7001.

:)

GeoffSchoeneck, Sep 12, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Sep 12, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change

Transferring Windows Digital License after significant hardware change

I've significantly upgraded my PC (new motherboard, storage), to the point where Windows 10 doesn't recognise it as the device I had my Windows 10 digital license on. When I go to settings - activation, I get error code 0xc004f213 which states no product
    key was found on this device (I'm signed into my microsoft account which has the digital license from before). I proceed to trouble shoot, and then click I recently changed hardware on this device. It proceeds to take me to a screen which lists my devices,
    but it only shows my Laptop which is running a separate product key/digital license (I bought windows 8.1 for my laptop and took the free upgrade, whereas this desktop PC was on windows 7 before I upgraded to 10). My PC isn't showing on this list.

I've been using this guide Re-activating Windows 10 after hardware change

So how do I go about re-activating my Windows 10 Digital License on this device? Also, is livechat only open at certain times? because I've been trying to find it but I get directed to this forum and a phone number instead.

If this classes as a new PC due to the motherboard change do I need to buy a new version of Windows? If so, then is the license fixed to my old motherboard?

JoelBarfoot, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change

1. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade Digital

2. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  3. Hardware Change and Missing Digital License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware Change and Missing Digital License: Hi there I purchased Windows 8 Pro in 2015 and used this to get the free Windows 10 upgrade. For the last five years Windows would always tell me that I had a digital license if I went into activation options under the settings panel. On my Microsoft account my PC would show...
  4. Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change

Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change: I had recently made hardware changes to my Desktop earlier today, with the upgrade of my Motherboard. I had expected things to run rather smoothly, as I had made similar changes to my computer some time ago with no issues. After my computer had finished booting into windows,...
  5. Hardware change. Windows activation digital license.

Hardware change. Windows activation digital license.: Basics, my Hard drive died and I had to do a fresh install of Windows, signed in with my Mircosoft account but windows won't activate. Tried the 'Assistant' gave me a call back option, Talk to an Agent "There was an error connecting you. Feel free to ask another question or...
  6. Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade

Digital license cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware upgrade: Hello, I've changed my hardware recently (motherboard, CPU...). Since then, I cannot re-activate my digital license. The error code is 0x803FA067. Before the changes, I linked my Windows digital license with a Microsoft account (following this:...
  7. Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license

Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license: I recently upgraded from Home to Pro. But upon the first reboot, my computer said I was running an unauthorized version of WIN10 Enterprise. I upgraded to Pro not Enterprise and now I can't activate my computer because it's looking for an Enterprise digital license. What...
  8. Windows 10 digital license and upgrading my computer's hardware

Windows 10 digital license and upgrading my computer's hardware: Hi! I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8 which I had an original copy of. I am looking to upgrade my computer's CPU and motherboard. Will I be able to use the current version of windows that I have and if yes, is there a limit to how many upgrades I can do to my PC?...
  9. Windows Digital License after a change of hardware

Windows Digital License after a change of hardware: Hello! Today i built a new PC where i basicly scrapped everything but my old SSD. To make sure i could use the same windows in the new build, i connected my windows license to my new account. Now in the new build i can't activate my windows account. When i troubleshoot the...
  10. Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change: I recently upgraded my computers motherboard and SSD under the assumption that with a windows 10 pro digital license I'd be able to move the license to my new SSD and mobo via my windows account which it was attached to however it's telling me I have no digital license and...