Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade failed and now I cannot activate Windows.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade failed and now I cannot activate Windows. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Went through the process of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro. The PC connected me to the Microsoft Store where I purchased the upgrade, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jason Luspin, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade failed and now I cannot activate Windows.

Went through the process of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro. The PC connected me to the Microsoft Store where I purchased the upgrade, and attempted to install. However, the upgrade failed. After a reboot, the computer now shows that it is Windows 10 Enterprise, but it will not activate, and purchasing through the store does not provide a key. How do I activate as Windows 10 Pro?

:)

Jason Luspin, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Jun 23, 2021
  4. skippy258 Win User

Windows 10 Pro upgrade failed and now I cannot activate Windows.

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 Pro upgrade failed and now I cannot activate Windows. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro upgrade failed and now I cannot activate Windows.

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade failed and now I cannot activate Windows. - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade failed

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro activation failed code0xC004F213

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro activation failed code0xC004F213: I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 that I purchased new from Dell a number of years ago. It came with Windows 8 Home. When Microsoft offered the free upgrade to Windows 10 Home, I got it. There were no issues installing and activating it and it has worked fine for years. Yesterday I...
  3. Windows 10 pro upgrade failed, Windows 10 no longer activated

Windows 10 pro upgrade failed, Windows 10 no longer activated: I decided to upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro. Bought it through the Microsoft Store, pressed the upgrade button. Says it failed. Try a few more times, nope. Follow Troubleshooting for the windows store, nothing. Come home from work today to find that my PC had...
  4. I Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade but Always Fails and now shows Windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade but Always Fails and now shows Windows is not activated: Hello, I made the following steps: I bought new laptop with Windows Home and wanted to upgrade to Windows Pro, so I clicked on 'Change Key Or Upgrade', then 'Go To Store'. I Purchased Upgrade and It changed after to 'Install'. Installation Always fails with Error Code...
  5. Paid for Windows 10 Pro and now cannot activate windows

Paid for Windows 10 Pro and now cannot activate windows: Purchased a brand new laptop with Windows 10 Home. Using my Microsoft account, logged in to Microsoft Store and purchased Windows 10 Pro. It ran an update process and seems to have linked my device to my Microsoft account. However, it installed Windows Enterprise instead...
  6. Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store on my computer. I was charged for the order but no Product Key came with the order, which seemed odd. I can see the paid receipt in my order history, but cannot activate Windows. It keeps...
  7. I Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, Now It Won't Activate

I Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, Now It Won't Activate: Hello, Today I've upgraded my pre-installed Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Now I can't activate it, the Activation Settings show error code 0xC004C003: we can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key......
  8. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Cannot activate

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Cannot activate: Hi, I purchased window 10 pro on the Microsoft store for one of the laptops in our small business. The installation ran fine but I was unable to activate despite troubleshooting / following online guides etc. When I checked the windows version it is representing as windows...
  9. Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate

Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate: I originally bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft website. Today I bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro via the Activation setting. After the restart I went to the Activation setting to make sure all was ok. However, it now says I have the Windows Enterprise Edition...
  10. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate: I have been running Windows 10 Home on my Dell XPS8700 PC for over a year, but I decided to upgrade to the Pro version. I used the link in the settings under Activation and it took me to the Microsoft Store. I paid the upgrade fee and it seemed to upgrade no problem. But when...