Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home edition - Not showing Domain User on main login

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home edition - Not showing Domain User on main login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I ordered a machine without Win 10 pro on it. Bought the upgrade and applied the software. The main login page only shows the Local Account and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GlennRolbiecki1, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home edition - Not showing Domain User on main login

Hi

I ordered a machine without Win 10 pro on it. Bought the upgrade and applied the software.

The main login page only shows the Local Account and Other User not the domain account that I set up.

I can click on "Other User" then log in with the Domain and user.

It does not remember the login credentials though.

How can I get it to show and remember the domain user on the welcome screen after booting up.

Thanks

Glenn Rolbiecki

:)

GlennRolbiecki1, Nov 9, 2020
  2. sarlin326 Win User

Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Domain Login Issue

As my title suggests; we have a laptop that was just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro edition, connected it to our domain, it shows up in active directory, but it will not let me login to any domain user account. I tried setting local admin privledges
    to my domain account, took it off the domain, changed the pc name, and put it back on the domain. I even restarted the laptop to make sure the changes went through. It just says wrong user or password login. I've never had this issue on any of our 200 workstations
    on the domain before. We have some Windows 10 machines on the domain working just fine. I'm wondering if the upgrade to pro didn't fully install the files needed for domain access maybe? I don't want to reformat, but I might have to give that a try.

Any thoughts are appreciated and thanks ahead of time.

P.S- Please don't reply with a generic response of did you turn it off and back on again. I will flip a table. >Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home edition - Not showing Domain User on main login :)

sarlin326, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10Pro unable to login 2008 domain from domain user after upgrade

• I upgraded our Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and it's done successfully
    • When I log in with domain Administrator account and it works fine
    • But when I tried to log in with existing domain user or new domain user after entering the password the welcome screen shows then sign out immediately

• Windows 10 Pro is activated by digital license
    • Windows 10Pro inbuilt antivirus only
    • Windows 2008 R2 Domain controller -- Forest and domain set as 2008 R2

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Ayyanar Sithanandhan, Nov 9, 2020
  4. luptona Win User

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home edition - Not showing Domain User on main login

Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Domain Login Issue

Saying this is not a consumer issue is incorrect. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro to get it to login to domain is not just a business/enterprise issue. I have several identically built Windows 10 Home Dells that I upgraded to Pro to connect to my server
    and all of them are fine but one. This has to be a home 'build' or pro upgrade failure and a little help in suggesting a fix short of wiping and starting a 12 hour process all over would be really helpful.

luptona, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home edition - Not showing Domain User on main login

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home edition - Not showing Domain User on main login - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade home

2. Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition: My laptop has windows 10 home edition. But I required Windows 10 pro edition. So.., is there any options to update my edition. Please help me out with this....
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro: I have purchased yesterday a new laptop with windows 10 home edition and paid for an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store. However, when i try to activate it wont, asking for a digital license or key. The only thing i manage to retrieve from the order history was...
  4. Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro

Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro: Hi, My employer have assigned me a product key of windows 10 Pro edition to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home edition to windows 10 pro. However I am getting below error while trying to do so. Error Message: The Product key you entered didn't work. Check the product...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition: I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99. If I perform that upgrade will I then have a new Professional product key that will allow me to perform a clean reinstall...
  6. Test Windows 10 Pro before upgrading from Home Edition

Test Windows 10 Pro before upgrading from Home Edition: Hi, I have bought a new laptop and would like to try out how performant a virtualization works. Delivered with Windows 10 Home so no HyperV Since I'm not 100% sure yet if I want to keep the laptop, I would like to test Windows 10 Pro before I buy the license from the...
  7. Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro

Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro: Hello, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition. Once the upgrade process starts, it stalls after 10-14% and then I get message that says: "Windows Upgrade Failed Error Code: 0x800f0904 how can I get the upgrade process to complete and...
  8. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...
  9. windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro

windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro: is this free from Microsoft to upgrade to windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro/c9893eb5-b3aa-4a0b-af96-0ee27f5f795f
  10. Multi user login on Home edition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multi user login on Home edition: My win 7 pro allows multiple users to be logged in at the same time. Is this available on win 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/multi-user-login-on-home-edition/d83a730f-bd42-42e5-969c-9feb1a14f26d