Windows 10: windows 10 pro upgrade from win 8.1 will not accept key code

Discus and support windows 10 pro upgrade from win 8.1 will not accept key code in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have an older dell. Came with Vista, I upgraded to 8.1 purchased a licensed copy worked fine. Time to upgrade again, bought win 10 Pro licensed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FrankM4, Feb 18, 2020.

1. FrankM4 Win User

windows 10 pro upgrade from win 8.1 will not accept key code

Hi, I have an older dell. Came with Vista, I upgraded to 8.1 purchased a licensed copy worked fine. Time to upgrade again, bought win 10 Pro licensed copy Did the install as an upgrade. I enter activation code, I get error 0x803F7001

When I run the trouble shooter it says

We found a win 10 home digital license for this device running win 10 pro to activate using this license install win 10 home.

I dont want 10 home, i bought 10 pro. Just need it to accept the key code that is on the box.

Thanks.

:)

FrankM4, Feb 18, 2020
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 18, 2020
  4. windows 10 pro upgrade from win 8.1 will not accept key code

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 pro upgrade from win 8.1 will not accept key code

1. windows 10 pro upgrade from win 8.1 will not accept key code - Similar Threads - pro upgrade accept

2. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  3. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10: I did a clean reinstall for win 8 on my laptop, i want to upgrade it to win 10 , will i have to reinstall the drivers as well? Also, is the upgrade still free? submitted by /u/WifeStealer99 [link] [comments]...
  4. Win 10 Pro product key not accepted

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro product key not accepted: I purchased a new laptop with Win 10 Home digital license. At the same time I purchased a Win 10 Pro update disk. When I try to change product key under Activation, the product key is not accepted. "The product key you entered didn't work"....
  5. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  6. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...
  7. Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key.: Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key. Says win 8 pro is an update version. Show key shows there is a Vista marker in the VM firmware. Any way round this? 30049
  8. Windows 10 upgrade from win 8 Stuck

Windows 10 upgrade from win 8 Stuck: You won't find this laptop in either of my specs and falls in the "sure I'll take a look at it" family category. My Nephew's Gateway NE56R48u was being upgraded to 10 when the upgrade hung in one of those moments that the machine needed to restart itself. The screen stayed...
  9. Windows 10 won't accept Product Key from Arvato supplied Windows 8 Pro

Windows 10 won't accept Product Key from Arvato supplied Windows 8 Pro: I purchased the $40 Cdn copy of Windows 8 Pro that Microsoft offered when 8 first was coming out. It was fulfilled by Arvato Digital Services, a company that Microsoft uses for these purposes. That product key activated fine and was upgraded to Windows 8.1 I am now trying...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro license key

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro license key: Hey, I've been running insider preview since build 98xx, after final build came I decided to to a clean install and get my "free" license so I installed Windows 8.1 Pro with a valid license during initial setup I as prompted that I could upgrade to Windows 10 for free, this...