Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 mades Dell E5430 i5 laptop very slow boot up and disk...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 mades Dell E5430 i5 laptop very slow boot up and disk... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64 bit upgrade from Windows 7 Pro has made my Dell Latitude E5430 i5 8GB laptop very slow boot up and disk stuck at 100%. It takes an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kev105, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Kev105 Win User

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 mades Dell E5430 i5 laptop very slow boot up and disk...

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit upgrade from Windows 7 Pro has made my Dell Latitude E5430 i5 8GB laptop very slow boot up and disk stuck at 100%. It takes an age to boot up with black screen and timer running, when finally does get to login/signin screen it takes ages to get the password prompt, then once I sign on the laptop is unusable as disk is stuck at 100%. I have installed Dell Support assistant, checked for missing drivers, all seemingly ok. I've run command line commands to check for missing and corrupt Windows files, all found and corrected. The image version is 10.0.18362.418 which was installed via a usb from download off mircosoft. Please help!

:)

Kev105, Nov 5, 2019

2. No sound on Dell E5430 laptop

Need help resolving issue of no sound on Dell E5430 laptop running Windows 10 Pro

ArnoldKenerly, Nov 5, 2019
  3. SiddiquiM Win User
    Widows 10 Boot "Invalid Partition Table!" in Dell E5430 Laptop

I have Dell E5430 Laptop. With Windows 7 its working fine and has no issue. When I try to upgrade with windows 10 DVD, I received two errors "Invalid Partition Table" and "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing".

I tested with those

(1)

bootrec /rebuildbcd

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

attrib C:\Boot\BCD -h -r -s ren (I could not found the Boot folder into C Drive)

C:\Boot\BCD C:\Boot\BCD.bak

bootrec /rebuildbcd

diskpart

list disk

select disk 0

list disk 0

list partition

select partition 0

active

I am still wondering same issue. please let us know with any good idea about issue. we need this solution ASAP.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SiddiquiM, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 mades Dell E5430 i5 laptop very slow boot up and disk...

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 mades Dell E5430 i5 laptop very slow boot up and disk... - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade mades

2. windows 7 very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 very slow: Hellosince a days ago and Windows 7 became very very slow .Please try to help to be fast same before .Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-very-slow/8c7eef1f-0ee4-4794-974d-28d9d5053970
  3. windows 7 very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 very slow: Hellosince a days ago and Windows 7 became very very slow .Please try to help to be fast same before .Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-very-slow/8c7eef1f-0ee4-4794-974d-28d9d5053970
  4. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow boot up: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to its latest version, but after I updated it, my pc began to boot up so very slow. It would take up to less than an hour or 30 mins. I already tried doing what I had read in this article...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...
  6. How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop: Can anyone guide me on how I can upgrade my OS on Dell Inspiron 1500 I purchased in 2016 with the 10 Pro license. I've been operating with Windows 7 Pro downgrade option. The computer is past the extended warranty period so I can't get any help from Dell. It shows with...
  7. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot up: For a couple of months now my computer has been booting up very slowly, and by this i mean 2 to 5 min. I have spent much of the time since this started researching what is causing it. I cant seem to find anyone else who has the same problem as most people crash where as i...
  8. Very Slow Boot on Windows 10

Very Slow Boot on Windows 10: Hi Guys I have been reading similar threads regarding slow boot on Windows 10, and i was advised to start a new thread. I was having the same problem, and tried pretty much all the 'fixes' recommended in the other threads.My Lenovo ideapad 305 was taking over 7 minutes to...
  9. BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Have installed Windows 10 Pro today, after rebooting I encountered a BSOD, the PC then rebooted itself and another BSOD occurred. This happened two more times and then I booted in safe mode. I have attached the mini dump files, I have not included the MEMORY.DMP file at...
  10. Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7

Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7: I did the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 couple days back via the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant downloaded from the Microsoft Window 10 upgrade site. After the upgrade, my boot up time has dramatically increased, whether it be from a cold start or from a restart. It...