Windows 10: Windows 10 PRO upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. to RETAIN PROGRAMS AND DATA

Discus and support Windows 10 PRO upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. to RETAIN PROGRAMS AND DATA in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know I must use Windows 10 Pro to upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to retain my programs and Data Files The question is: Which PART NUMBER, VERSION... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamCook3, May 18, 2020.

1. SamCook3 Win User

Windows 10 PRO upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. to RETAIN PROGRAMS AND DATA

I know I must use Windows 10 Pro to upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to retain my programs and Data Files

The question is: Which PART NUMBER, VERSION of Windows 10 Pro to order?

There are several versions available but I cannot find anywhere on ther Microsoft site that gives this information.

Thanks!

:)

SamCook3, May 18, 2020

2. Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Is this upgrade to Windows 10 Pro correct? Any tips you can give me? Thank You!!

Starting with my W7 Ultimate 32-Bit Desktop; add Memory and Replace SSD; load W7 Ultimate 64-Bit; Upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10 Pro.

My Desktop

Processor: Intel i5-2500k

Motherboard: Intel DH67BL

Memory: Crucial 2x2Gb = 4GB Plus Crucial 2x8Gb = 16Gb Total = 20Gb

SSD: Intel X-25 Series 320 80Gb (C: OS, Programs, Program Data, etc.)

Replace with Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

HDD: Western Digital 1 Tb (D: User Data)

Windows 7 Ultimate Product Box (Copyright 2009) containing

Product Key

32 Bit Disk

64 Bit Disk

Upgrade steps:

• Make hardware upgrades (in bold)

• The new SSD is empty. Load the W7-64 Bit disk into the disk drive hoping it will led to a W7-64 Bit install on the SSD (C: drive).

• The W7 Ultimate version will be a revision corresponding to when my PC was new (about 2010). Upgrade PC to the latest version of W7.

• Use the Library function to relink user data to my D: drive data.

• Use the invitation from Microsoft to invoke the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

Edmond Danta, May 18, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 18, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

no TRWOV u can't use Ultimate key on Pro but u can download a free Windows 7, if that's the problem.

Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Microsoft's Official Distributer:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

puma99dk|, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PRO upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. to RETAIN PROGRAMS AND DATA - Similar Threads - PRO upgrade Ultimate

2. Window 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate VSS does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate VSS does not work: I have a Windows 10 installation that I cannot backup because I get a VSS error x80004306.I have checked VSS is working Automatic and ON. There is 100 Gig on 1TB SSD of disk space for snapshot. I have checked almost everything I can find on the web. But no luck.Also I...
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with Windows 7 Ultimate key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with Windows 7 Ultimate key: Hello Few years ago I've successfully upgraded my laptop with Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 PRO with my Windows 7 Ultimate Retail key. This laptop is now old and I'm not using it. I've found out that I can transfer my Windows 10 PRO license to my new laptop or PC through my...
  4. Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10: Hi, This is Rolf Schreiner at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, on December 14, 2020. I have a problem installing Wildows 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I worked about one week it, but now I need some help, please. I tried all the published fixes on the internet,...
  5. want to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate

want to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate: Good evening team microsoft before asking an question let me show my pc specs.just posted an screenshot of my computer properties please see that and tell me should I upgrade my pc win7 to win10 and my GPU is nvidia GT 710 and cpu gen it says 5series/3400 series chipset...
  6. Windows 7 Ultimate To Windows 10 Pro?

Windows 7 Ultimate To Windows 10 Pro?: I used a Windows 7 Ultimate key to upgrade my Windows 10, and it says Pro, not Enterprise. Ultimate is a higher version than Enterprise, I'm wondering why it went to Pro instead. Can one upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise from any Windows 7 key? 128143
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro: Seems like a simple question - just bought Windows 10 Pro on a USB. When I boot up my computer to the USB drive to install Windows 10 it does not give me the option to upgrade - seems like it is going to do a clean install. When does the option menu come up for "clean...
  8. I need help to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 ultimate: Hi, For over a week I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro and after several problems I came to one (for the last 3 days) that I don't know any longer what to do. I reach the 76% overall progress with 1 or 2 % on the Configuring Settings...
  9. upgrade from windows 7 ultimate

upgrade from windows 7 ultimate: I upgraded my laptop with 8.1 to 10 and I ended up with all programs recognized and working. Hard to believe. All I did after the upgrade is download and install English (US) package to change interface language. Will it be the same when upgrading from windows 7 ultimate?...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10

Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10: Sorry for the question if is quite simple but I am unsure. Currently I am running Windows 7 Ultimate yet my copy can't be validated as I have no key. If I was to purchase a copy of Windows 10 would I be able to keep my files during the upgrade or would a fresh install be...