Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Key missing from Microsoft Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Key missing from Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Earlier this month I purchased a Surface Pro 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. The Surface ended up being defective and I had to exchange it. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jboydk, Feb 25, 2021.

1. jboydk Win User

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Key missing from Microsoft Account

Earlier this month I purchased a Surface Pro 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. The Surface ended up being defective and I had to exchange it. I have the new Surface set up and I want to upgrade this one to Windows 10 Pro, but when I go to my Microsoft Account my Windows 10 Pro product key is not listed with my account. I have the email where I upgraded but no key is listed. I can see the purchase in my account but again, no key is listed anywhere. Why is no key listed?

:)

jboydk, Feb 25, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 25, 2021
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change | Windows Central , Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Key missing from Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade Key

2. how to upgrade to windows 11 pro from windows 10 pro key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to upgrade to windows 11 pro from windows 10 pro key?: I recently bought a PC with Windows 11 single-language. and I have another Windows 10 pro PC; it is not upgradable to Windows 11 so I want to use its Windows 10 pro key to upgrade my Windows 11 single language PC to the pro version. as the Windows 11 upgrade was free and i...
  3. how to upgrade to windows 11 pro from windows 10 pro key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to upgrade to windows 11 pro from windows 10 pro key?: I recently bought a PC with Windows 11 single-language. and I have another Windows 10 pro PC; it is not upgradable to Windows 11 so I want to use its Windows 10 pro key to upgrade my Windows 11 single language PC to the pro version. as the Windows 11 upgrade was free and i...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Key not Upgrading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Key not Upgrading: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from a third party seller and when I tried to upgrade my Windows 10 Home via activation, I received an error of 0xc004f050. From what I have seen online via Microsoft Support, this can be one of three issues with one of those issues being that...
  5. Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...: I recently wiped my hard disk and installed Windows 11. It activated the default key from the motherboard to Windows 10 Home. I have purchased Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft website few months back. It is tied to my Microsoft account. I used to upgrade Windows 10 directly...
  6. Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...: I recently wiped my hard disk and installed Windows 11. It activated the default key from the motherboard to Windows 10 Home. I have purchased Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft website few months back. It is tied to my Microsoft account. I used to upgrade Windows 10 directly...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade key: I recently reset my PC and it downgraded back to Windows 10 Home instead of going back to Windows 10 Pro . I never got the software key i purchased from Microsoft after the purchase. Is it possible to get the key and reload the upgrade?...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations appears to be missing from the Microsoft Store...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations appears to be missing from the Microsoft Store...: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations appears to be missing from the Microsoft Store and from the activate windows settings panel. Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or a feature? I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro v1909....
  9. Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?: So I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Ebay like 2 years ago for 5$. I used it to activate my laptops windows which was Windows 10 Home and as expected it upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. Everything is working perfectly fine to this day. I'm looking again for a key on Ebay and it...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro key: I've got two laptops: the old one, with Windows 10 Pro (1909) installed after a free update from Windows 8.1 Pro the new one, with Windows 10 Home (1909) installed I've got the Windows 8.1 Pro product key, and I want to transfer it to the new PC. Microsoft support tried...