Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade license

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer with an OEM license for Windows 10 Home, and 'm planning to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the $99 upgrade in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by food_for_thought, May 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade license

I just bought a new computer with an OEM license for Windows 10 Home, and 'm planning to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the $99 upgrade in Windows Store. After I upgrade, will the new Windows 10 Pro license be an OEM license tied to the motherboard or a retail license tied to the Microsoft account? If I eventually throw away this computer and buy a new computer also with Windows 10 Home, would I be able to transfer the license for the Pro upgrade to the new computer?I normally prefer to use local user accounts on my computer. Do I need to remain logged i

:)

food_for_thought, May 6, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, May 6, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, May 6, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Pro upgrade license

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro upgrade license

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade license - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade license

2. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  3. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  4. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license: Hello!I just bought an HP laptop with preinstalled "Windows 10 Home", but I need "Windows 10 Pro" because of Hyper-V. HP claims that there are no restrictions for upgrading OS. So, I made a factory reset and wiped the TPM. Then I performed a clean with drive formatting...
  5. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license: Hello!I just bought an HP laptop with preinstalled "Windows 10 Home", but I need "Windows 10 Pro" because of Hyper-V. HP claims that there are no restrictions for upgrading OS. So, I made a factory reset and wiped the TPM. Then I performed a clean with drive formatting...
  6. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - No License Key

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - No License Key: Hello Helpers!I have a Windows 10 Home machine that needs to be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. My client bought the upgrade via the Microsoft Store. The upgrade did not install and showed an error saying the account was not an admin, however it is an admin on the machine. What's...
  8. Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?

Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?: Hello there, I want to upgrade my HP laptop from Windows 10 Home OEM license to Pro using retail key but i always get the error windows is not activated even though it is a genuine product key from Microsoft. Thanks in advance for any help....
  9. Win 10 Pro Upgrade License

Win 10 Pro Upgrade License: Hello Forum, What type of Win 10 license should I have if I purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store online? I would presume I would have a retail license. Is that correct? The Win 10 Pro upgrade was installed on a new HP Laptop that came with Win 10 Home...
  10. Upgrade license ownership - Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade license ownership - Windows 10 Home to Pro: We have multiple company (~10) computers that were bought and brought into use with Windows 10 Home. I have been upgrading them to Windows 10 Pro (to allow them to be joined to the Azure AD) via the windows store as it appeared to be the cheapest solution that we could be...