Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade lost after installation of Windows because of AV issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade lost after installation of Windows because of AV issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Client bought PC with Win 10 Home then update to Win 10 Pro.BC of supply chain issues they want to re-use old equipment.I tried to reset PC within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jeff Lutomski, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade lost after installation of Windows because of AV issues

Client bought PC with Win 10 Home then update to Win 10 Pro.BC of supply chain issues they want to re-use old equipment.I tried to reset PC within Windows 10 Pro without or with keeping files both failed.Upon reinstall of Windows 10 with USB disk Windows 10 PRO activation is lost.

:)

Jeff Lutomski, Apr 19, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 19, 2022
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Apr 19, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Pro upgrade lost after installation of Windows because of AV issues

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 19, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro upgrade lost after installation of Windows because of AV issues

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade lost after installation of Windows because of AV issues - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade lost

2. windows 10 pro upgrade issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pro upgrade issues: can not upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro i tried to enter the VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3VGGT but im getting error code 0x8004123, i tried to not connect to internet as well for the said key same error. Also my cursor is stuck on the upper right most of my screen,...
  3. windows 10 pro upgrade issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 pro upgrade issues: can not upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro i tried to enter the VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3VGGT but im getting error code 0x8004123, i tried to not connect to internet as well for the said key same error. Also my cursor is stuck on the upper right most of my screen,...
  4. windows 10 pro upgrade issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Pro Upgrade lost after Custom Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro Upgrade lost after Custom Install: I have had multiple issues losing Windows Terminal. This last time I was instructed by MSC Support to do a custom install. Windows Terminal is working, for now, but I lost my Pro Upgrade and the generic code does not work. How am I to get Pro back? I just spent $99 with much...
  6. Windows Pro Upgrade lost after Custom Install

Windows Pro Upgrade lost after Custom Install: I have had multiple issues losing Windows Terminal. This last time I was instructed by MSC Support to do a custom install. Windows Terminal is working, for now, but I lost my Pro Upgrade and the generic code does not work. How am I to get Pro back? I just spent $99 with much...
  7. Windows 10 Pro upgrade lost after installation of Windows because of AV issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade lost after installation of Windows because of AV issues: Client bought PC with Win 10 Home then update to Win 10 Pro.BC of supply chain issues they want to re-use old equipment.I tried to reset PC within Windows 10 Pro without or with keeping files both failed.Upon reinstall of Windows 10 with USB disk Windows 10 PRO activation is...
  8. Windows 10 Pro upgrade lost after installation of Windows because of AV issues

Windows 10 Pro upgrade lost after installation of Windows because of AV issues: Client bought PC with Win 10 Home then update to Win 10 Pro.BC of supply chain issues they want to re-use old equipment.I tried to reset PC within Windows 10 Pro without or with keeping files both failed.Upon reinstall of Windows 10 with USB disk Windows 10 PRO activation is...
  9. Issues after upgrading to windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues after upgrading to windows 10 home to pro: After upgrading from home to pro using key available on internet, I got issues like 1. windows not shutdown ( managed to solve by turning off Fast startup) 2. Bitlocker is available but not showing in control panel, in settings app when I click on bitlocker, app crashes. 3....
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade issues: I purchased windows home and installed it on a VM. I wanted it to be separate so I set it up with a local account. I changed the machine name . I realized I needed remote access so I upgraded to windows 10 pro. after the upgrade the password I set for the local account no...