Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro a few days ago. Then I turned on Hyper-V. Now my memory is being used at 85-95% without any dips. In Task Mgr I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dugdugdug, Aug 26, 2020.

1. dugdugdug Win User

Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage

I upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro a few days ago. Then I turned on Hyper-V.

Now my memory is being used at 85-95% without any dips. In Task Mgr I see a bunch of processes are loaded into memory with small individual footprints, but the overall is obviously unacceptable. (See image attachment.) MalwareBytes Premium is installed - it's not new but it is sitting there near the top of the memory-using processes so could be a factor(?)

Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage [​IMG]

My question is: Is this normal for Pro and Hyper-V (or one of the two), or is some sort of update process occurring that is burning up all my RAM? It's been going like this for three days now. If the only solution is to buy more RAM then so be it, but I don't want to drop a hundred bucks if I don't have to. (Pro already cost me that much.)

If you're curious, my goal in upgrading was to be able to have an Android emulator I could develop an app with in Visual Studio.

Thanks in advance.

:)

dugdugdug, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Vizor555 Win User

Can not turn Hyper-v on in Windows 10 pro

Hello! I wanted to turn Hyper-v on since I upgraded to windows 10 pro. However, whenever I turn it on from control panel and reboot as instructed, Windows give me "we couldn't complete the changes. Undoing changes" message and Hyper-v is not turned on.

I use Intel core i7-5820k six core, and systeminfo.exe shows that my hardware is compatible. I've made sure Hyper-v is on in BIOS. How can I turn Hyper-v on?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Vizor555, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with Hyper V

Hi

I am currently running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit with Hyper V enabled as I need the virtual machine for my work. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64bit and understand that Hyper V comes with 10 Pro which is great, but I am concerned that my current
    settings will be lost duting the upgrade.

My question is.... can I upgrade without losing any of my existing Hyper V and VM settings?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

juliep_1215, Aug 26, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

If you have Windows 10 Pro and a 64-bit processor, check the other requirements I linked to in my previous post.

JimWynne, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade plus

2. HYPER V NOT TURNING ON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HYPER V NOT TURNING ON: WHENEVER I TURN ON HYPER V FROM "TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF" IT SAYS TO RESTART PC I TURNED HYPER V ON AND THEN RESTARTED MY PC BUT IT SAYS SOMETHING DOESN'T GO AS PLANNED NO NEED TO WORYY UNDOING CHANGESAND HYPER V ISN`T TURNED ONSADLY HELP ME WINDOWS 11 PRO 22H2...
  3. HYPER V NOT TURNING ON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HYPER V NOT TURNING ON: WHENEVER I TURN ON HYPER V FROM "TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF" IT SAYS TO RESTART PC I TURNED HYPER V ON AND THEN RESTARTED MY PC BUT IT SAYS SOMETHING DOESN'T GO AS PLANNED NO NEED TO WORYY UNDOING CHANGESAND HYPER V ISN`T TURNED ONSADLY HELP ME WINDOWS 11 PRO 22H2...
  4. Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage: I upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro a few days ago. Then I turned on Hyper-V. Now my memory is being used at 85-95% without any dips. In Task Mgr I see a bunch of processes are loaded into memory with small individual footprints, but the overall is obviously unacceptable. (See...
  5. Hyper-V plus incremental backups?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V plus incremental backups?: I'm a relative newcomer to the Windows 10 world, so forgive me if this is all misguided... I get the sense that backing up a machine onto a Hyper-V / virtual drive is an appealing strategy, in that you can boot from the drive and verify that you have a complete working...
  6. windows 10 pro and hyper-v

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro and hyper-v: I have to buy another copy of Win 10 pro in order to setup Hyper-V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-and-hyper-v/1cfc575c-745d-4990-88ab-58ff447af7a6
  7. Upgraded windows 10 home to 10 pro, but no hyper-v available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded windows 10 home to 10 pro, but no hyper-v available: I need to install docker in my laptop and for that I need windows 10 pro with hyper -v. i used to have windows 10 home , so i purchased windows 10 pro upgrade key and upgraded my laptop. After up gradation i could not find hyper-v in my system. i checked microsoft community...
  8. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  9. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V dynamic memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V dynamic memory: It seems that Windows 10 does not behave nicely in a Hyper-V virtual machine, also running on Windows 10. My laptop has plenty of memory and is running Windows 10 build 10586.63. Normally I configure a new VM with dynamic memory enabled, because I saw no reason why not....