Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro a few days ago. Then I turned on Hyper-V. Now my memory is being used at 85-95% without any dips. In Task Mgr I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by dugdugdug, Aug 27, 2020.

1. dugdugdug Win User

Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage

I upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro a few days ago. Then I turned on Hyper-V.

Now my memory is being used at 85-95% without any dips. In Task Mgr I see a bunch of processes are loaded into memory with small individual footprints, but the overall is obviously unacceptable. (See image attachment.) MalwareBytes Premium is installed - it's not new but it is sitting there near the top of the memory-using processes so could be a factor(?)

Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage [​IMG]

My question is: Is this normal for Pro and Hyper-V (or one of the two), or is some sort of update process occurring that is burning up all my RAM? It's been going like this for three days now. If the only solution is to buy more RAM then so be it, but I don't want to drop a hundred bucks if I don't have to. (Pro already cost me that much.)

If you're curious, my goal in upgrading was to be able to have an Android emulator I could develop an app with in Visual Studio.

Thanks in advance.

:)

dugdugdug, Aug 27, 2020
  2. dugdugdug Win User

I upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro a few days ago. Then I turned on Hyper-V.

Now my memory is being used at 85-95% without any dips. In Task Mgr I see a bunch of processes are loaded into memory with small individual footprints, but the overall is obviously unacceptable. (See image attachment.) MalwareBytes Premium is installed - it's not new but it is sitting there near the top of the memory-using processes so could be a factor(?)

Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage [​IMG]

My question is: Is this normal for Pro and Hyper-V (or one of the two), or is some sort of update process occurring that is burning up all my RAM? It's been going like this for three days now. If the only solution is to buy more RAM then so be it, but I don't want to drop a hundred bucks if I don't have to. (Pro already cost me that much.)

If you're curious, my goal in upgrading was to be able to have an Android emulator I could develop an app with in Visual Studio.

Thanks in advance.

dugdugdug, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Vizor555 Win User
    Can not turn Hyper-v on in Windows 10 pro

Hello! I wanted to turn Hyper-v on since I upgraded to windows 10 pro. However, whenever I turn it on from control panel and reboot as instructed, Windows give me "we couldn't complete the changes. Undoing changes" message and Hyper-v is not turned on.

I use Intel core i7-5820k six core, and systeminfo.exe shows that my hardware is compatible. I've made sure Hyper-v is on in BIOS. How can I turn Hyper-v on?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Vizor555, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with Hyper V

Hi

I am currently running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit with Hyper V enabled as I need the virtual machine for my work. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64bit and understand that Hyper V comes with 10 Pro which is great, but I am concerned that my current
    settings will be lost duting the upgrade.

My question is.... can I upgrade without losing any of my existing Hyper V and VM settings?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

juliep_1215, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade plus

2. Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade plus Hyper-V turned on equals high memory usage: I upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro a few days ago. Then I turned on Hyper-V. Now my memory is being used at 85-95% without any dips. In Task Mgr I see a bunch of processes are loaded into memory with small individual footprints, but the overall is obviously unacceptable. (See...
  3. High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Memory Usage: Hello My laptop is almost brand new.But am not sure if the memory is working ok , its 70% 2.9GB of 4gb is in use I don't know what programs should I end task or not.Even when surfing with google chrome it goes 70-80%Whats happening ?Is it normal? How can I decrease this ?...
  4. Hyper-V plus incremental backups?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V plus incremental backups?: I'm a relative newcomer to the Windows 10 world, so forgive me if this is all misguided... I get the sense that backing up a machine onto a Hyper-V / virtual drive is an appealing strategy, in that you can boot from the drive and verify that you have a complete working...
  5. High Memory Usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Memory Usage.: Hello, I recently faced issues with memory in my Dell Inspiron 5559. I am having high memory usage error. It uses 80% memory already. Can anyone help me ASAP? Regards, Ayan. please call me Ayan and sorry for my bad english...
  6. High memory usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage: Since a while now my computer's fan (I cleaned them recently) are doing a lot of noise and about 4,5 GB just diseappear into nothingness. It count as used but doesn't appear on the task manager. I tried restarting my computer multiple times and uninstalled everything yet...
  7. High memory usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage: Apparently this is also using memory in my graphics card because I get a message in games even on very low graphics that I'm using more than my graphics card's available memory. I've got 16GB Ram and Nvidia 1050 Ti so this shouldn't be a problem. https://imgur.com/a/zQtlWqM...
  8. Windows 10 and Hyper-V dynamic memory

Windows 10 and Hyper-V dynamic memory: It seems that Windows 10 does not behave nicely in a Hyper-V virtual machine, also running on Windows 10. My laptop has plenty of memory and is running Windows 10 build 10586.63. Normally I configure a new VM with dynamic memory enabled, because I saw no reason why not....
  9. High memory usage

High memory usage: Hello everyone. I used win 7 before win 10 and now I have an issue with memory. For instance, playing games like nba2k15 my computer used about 2.6-2.8 GB of 4 GB but not more than 3 GB in win 7. Now it uses almost all 4 GB and of course it lags. So, does anybody has similar...
  10. High Memory Usage

High Memory Usage: Hello, I have a question. The system process (ntoskrnl.exe) using excessive amount of RAM. So, how do I fix that? Thanks 15809