Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11 now showing as Windows 11 Home

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11 now showing as Windows 11 Home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I originally had Windows 7 Pro on my current desktop which I subsequently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using the existing Win7 license. I upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Wolfe1, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11 now showing as Windows 11 Home

I originally had Windows 7 Pro on my current desktop which I subsequently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using the existing Win7 license. I upgraded to Windows 11 a while back and when I recently checked my System settings, I noticed that my PC indicates that I am running Windows 11 Home. Wouldn't my upgrade from 10 to 11 have maintained the Pro status? What could have gone wrong?

:)

Paul Wolfe1, Sep 27, 2022
  2. JonGrimes Win User

Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11 now showing as Windows 11 Home

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11 now showing as Windows 11 Home

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11 now showing as Windows 11 Home - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade showing

2. Windows 11/10 Home to Pro upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11/10 Home to Pro upgrades: The customer wanted to upgrade from windows11 home single to windows11 pro. but showing as invalid product key requesting your support in it. and let us know when can we connect and resolve the issue....
  3. Windows 11/10 Home to Pro upgrades

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11/10 Home to Pro upgrades: The customer wanted to upgrade from windows11 home single to windows11 pro. but showing as invalid product key requesting your support in it. and let us know when can we connect and resolve the issue....
  4. Windows 11 home to pro upgrade not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home to pro upgrade not showing up: I bought the windows 11 pro upgrade from home in the Microsoft store, and I received the conformation email saying that it was purchased. However, it didn't prompt me a download or upgrade automatically like it should. I've restarted my computer and made sure everything is up...
  5. Windows 11 home to pro upgrade not showing up

Windows 11 home to pro upgrade not showing up: I bought the windows 11 pro upgrade from home in the Microsoft store, and I received the conformation email saying that it was purchased. However, it didn't prompt me a download or upgrade automatically like it should. I've restarted my computer and made sure everything is up...
  6. Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11 now showing as Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11 now showing as Windows 11 Home: I originally had Windows 7 Pro on my current desktop which I subsequently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using the existing Win7 license. I upgraded to Windows 11 a while back and when I recently checked my System settings, I noticed that my PC indicates that I am running Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a Win 10 Pro license in the "settings > activation > change product key" dialog correctly upgrade this windows 11...
  8. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a Win 10 Pro license in the "settings > activation > change product key" dialog correctly upgrade this windows 11...
  9. Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11.... Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11.... Home?: Just upgraded my home desktop to windows 11. Had an active digital license for windows 10 pro, followed the instructions and downloaded windows 11 pro.Install is now done and telling me windows is not activated. When i go to the activation site it is telling me that i only...
  10. Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11.... Home?

Windows 10 Pro upgrade to Windows 11.... Home?: Just upgraded my home desktop to windows 11. Had an active digital license for windows 10 pro, followed the instructions and downloaded windows 11 pro.Install is now done and telling me windows is not activated. When i go to the activation site it is telling me that i only...