Windows 10: Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 pro and then the power button on my laptop stopped working. Is it possible to take that license and use on a new computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Manish SRK, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD

I upgraded to Windows 10 pro and then the power button on my laptop stopped working. Is it possible to take that license and use on a new computer?

In the same vein, if I upgrade my computer to windows 10 pro, and then I decide to move everything to a SSD, how do I move the license to the SSD if it is in the same computer?

Thanks for any help.

:)

Manish SRK, Jul 31, 2018

2. Transferring SSD with Win 10 from old to new computer

Hello Andre,

I am doing a very similar task, building a new computer and wishing to transfer the current SSD with WIN10 Pro from the old computer to the new build. I purchased a retail version of WIN7 Pro in 2012, and upgraded when WIN10 was available free to upgrade.
    Am I able to follow the same procedure and your advice to MarkDJohnson? The product key will be for the same edition.

Can you also advise how to find the product key on the computer (which I need before transferring the SSD).

Thanks,

Paul_L

Paul_Lawrence, Jul 31, 2018
  3. New Computer: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Mom is getting a new computer. Although the computer will have Windows 10 Home preinstalled, we want the Pro version.

Are the steps correct to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store > make your purchase, follow the on screen instructions and within 5 to 10 minutes you will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

We are in Canada. I am guessing that the upgrade price is close to US$100 converted to Canadian dollars?

Kevin Stecyk, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD

New Compute, Windows 10 (upgrade) Activation Transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

Also see if you can reactivate using chat support:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD

1. Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD - Similar Threads - pro upgrade transfer

2. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer: HiBack in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.The installation / upgrade went smooth.The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via...
  3. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer: HiBack in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.The installation / upgrade went smooth.The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to New Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro to New Computer: I upgraded my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft at no charge. I am going to buy a new computer but it comes with Windows 10 Home. Can I upgrade the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro on the new computer using the license from my old computer?...
  5. Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new laptop

Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new laptop: Hi, I purchased new laptop with pre installed windows 10 home and I upgraded it to windows 10 pro through Microsoft store. after two day the new laptop started playing up so I send it back to the shop and they exchange and gave me a new one with pre installed windows...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Transfer to a new Computer

Windows 10 Pro Transfer to a new Computer: Hello, I recently built a new PC for gaming and was trying to transfer my Windows 10 Pro Digital License from my old Computer. I looked up my Produkt key and Uninstalled the produktkey from my old computer, but when i attempted to activate it ony my new pc it said Error...
  7. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new computer

Windows 10 Pro transfer to new computer: I just bought a new Dell G7 that came with Windows 10 Home. I am retiring an Hp 4720s which has Windows 10 Pro. I bought a Retail version of Windows 7 Pro; then took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 when it first came available. Now, I am being told by...
  8. TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC: I have an old HP laptop with W10 Pro license purchased SSD. Planning on buying new HP with W10 Home OEM SSD or regular HD. Can I deactivate OEM license on new laptop after registering. Swapping the SSD from my old laptop to the new laptop and activate the license without...
  9. Transferring SSD with Windows 10 installation to new computer

Transferring SSD with Windows 10 installation to new computer: Hi all, I have my Windows 10 license key tied to my Microsoft account and I'm planning on getting a new desktop. If I move the SSD to the new computer, can I re-activate Windows with my Microsoft account or would it be tied to the motherboard of the old device? Thanks!...
  10. Transferring Windows 10 Pro to a new computer

Transferring Windows 10 Pro to a new computer: I am building a new computer and want to get everything over to it from my old computer. The old computer will not be functioning. I believe I can get whatever data I need over but I am wondering about the Windows 10 Pro. The Windows 10 Pro is activated in my microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrading windows 10 pro to ssd

2. windows 10 pro ssd upgrade to new ssd

3. windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to new pc

4. transfer windows pro upgrade,
  5. windows 10 upgrade on new computer,
  6. windows 10 pro ssd,
  7. upgrading ssd in x555q transfer windows,
  8. windows 10 pro upgrade transfer,
  9. move win 10 pro to new ssd,
  10. can i transfer windows pro upgrade to new computer,
  11. transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new pc