Windows 10: windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc

Discus and support windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a different variant of questions I have seen people ask. I have a new HP that is 1 month old that is getting swapped out for a new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by seb326, Jun 30, 2020.

1. seb326 Win User

windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc

Hello, I have a different variant of questions I have seen people ask. I have a new HP that is 1 month old that is getting swapped out for a new one this week. It came with 10 Home and I bought an upgrade and applied it. Now I have the new PC coming this week which will have 10 Home as well. same make/model PC.

can I transfer that upgrade to the new pc? I would hate to have to buy another upgrade because HP sent me a dud.

Thanks.

:)

seb326, Jun 30, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 30, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 30, 2020
  4. NayAung Win User

Windows 10 Pro licence transfer to another PC

My current desktop PC has Windows 10 Pro installed. It was upgraded from its predecessor, Windows 7 Pro. However, it will be scrapped soon as I'm building a gaming PC now.

How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro to my new gaming PC? What are the technical steps as Win 10 doesn't seem to have the licence key?

Thank you.

NayAung, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade transfer

2. Transfer windows 11 pro to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer windows 11 pro to new PC: Hi My laptop running windows 11 pro recently failed spectacularly leaving it unrecoverale.I have bought a new laptop now and would like to transfer the 11 pro license to the new one. As the old PC in not recoverable so i cant deactivate it directly, How can I transfer the...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 PRO to a new PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Windows 10 PRO to a new PC: Hello I'm building my new PC and I am wondering if it is technically and legally possible to transfer my Windows 10 PRO license from one or both of my old laptops. Scenario 1: I've bought a laptop with Windows 8 preinstalled on it. I know that this is OEM and not...
  4. Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new laptop: Hi, I purchased new laptop with pre installed windows 10 home and I upgraded it to windows 10 pro through Microsoft store. after two day the new laptop started playing up so I send it back to the shop and they exchange and gave me a new one with pre installed windows...
  5. Transfer windows 10 pro to new pc

Transfer windows 10 pro to new pc: I have a digital license on a pc im going to sell. it is tied to my microsoft account. It is a OEM from DELL. Can i deactivate and then transfer this license to a new pc?...
  6. TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC: I have an old HP laptop with W10 Pro license purchased SSD. Planning on buying new HP with W10 Home OEM SSD or regular HD. Can I deactivate OEM license on new laptop after registering. Swapping the SSD from my old laptop to the new laptop and activate the license without...
  7. Transfer windows 10 pro license to new Pc

Transfer windows 10 pro license to new Pc: I want to transfer the digital license for windows 10 from surface pro 3 (8.1 pro originally but upgraded to 10 pro) to a new pc (surface pro 6 with windows 10 home). That is , I want to upgrade my new surface pro 3 from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. Can it be done?...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device

Windows 10 Pro Store upgrade transfer to new device: Hi, I purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft online store for my laptop which had windows 10 home. But just after a month my laptop broke down and i got a replacement laptop from amazon. But i couldn't activate my windows 10 pro. When I called microsoft customer...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 Pro to new PC

Transferring Windows 10 Pro to new PC: Hello, I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my computer, which I am fairly sure I got by upgrading from Windows 8 Pro, which I purchased to upgrade from the Windows 8 Home that came installed on my computer. I will be moving to a new computer fairly soon, and would...
  10. Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 pro and then the power button on my laptop stopped working. Is it possible to take that license and use on a new computer? In the same vein, if I upgrade my computer to windows 10 pro, and then I decide to move everything to a SSD, how do I move...