Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Home to Pro. But upon the first reboot, my computer said I was running an unauthorized version of WIN10 Enterprise. I upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by azkruer, May 2, 2019.

1. azkruer Win User

Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license

I recently upgraded from Home to Pro. But upon the first reboot, my computer said I was running an unauthorized version of WIN10 Enterprise. I upgraded to Pro not Enterprise and now I can't activate my computer because it's looking for an Enterprise digital license. What gives and how do I remedy this? Any thoughts.

:)

azkruer, May 2, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, May 2, 2019
  3. vasjokb Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Digital License

Hello,

Earlier I had Windows 10 Home installed on my PC which I activated by my digital license key.

Then I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via Windows Store.

During upgrading I didn't receive digital license key for Windows 10 Pro.

Based on this I have the following question: when I want to perform clean installation of
    Windows 10 Pro on my laptop will I have to install Windows 10 Home firstly (with my digital license) and only then upgrade to
    Windows 10 Pro for free? Or will I be able to install Windows 10 Pro at once and activate it by my digital key of
    Windows 10 Home?

Thank you for advance.

vasjokb, May 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license

Windows 10 Pro Digital License

I've upgraded my office PC recently to Windows 10 Pro acquiring a digital license when I activated it online using the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key that comes with the PC.

Its known that the free Windows 10 upgrade has long expired in 2016

So, Is this Windows 10 digital license acquired through this process using the OEM product key that comes with the PC valid ?

I've tested to upgrade another PC to Windows 10 Pro & similarly when I activated it online using the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key that comes with the PC, as expected it acquired the digital license successfully.

Can I come to a conclusion that the Windows 10 digital license acquired is valid & its free ?

Would appreciate some feedback so I could continue to upgrade for the rest of my office's PCs & laptops.

My main concern here is to not mess up the Windows 10 licensing issue for my company.

Thank you.

Infra MELL, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license

1. Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade via

2. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  3. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  4. WINDOWS 10 PRO DIGITAL LICENSE

WINDOWS 10 PRO DIGITAL LICENSE: YES I INSTALLED WIN 10 PRO ON MY LAPTOP I BOUGHT THE UPGRADE FROM MICROSOFT INTERNET SITE, NOW I NEED TO REINSTALL IT AFTER MY LAPTOP CRASHED I HAD NO TROUBLE INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 BUE I JUST CAN NOT FIND THE DIGITAL LICENSE FOR WINDOWS 10 PRO WHERE IS IT LOCATED AT AND HOW...
  5. Windows 10 pro digital license

Windows 10 pro digital license: Hi, I bought XPS in 2017 that came with Windows 10 Home that i upgraded online to Pro. over the years i upgraded and changed the drives several times, and of course installed Windows 10 Pro on them without issues using the same email that i used to purchase the upgrade. Today...
  6. Windows 10 pro digital license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro digital license: Hi, I bought XPS in 2017 that came with Windows 10 Home that i upgraded online to Pro. over the years i upgraded and changed the drives several times, and of course installed Windows 10 Pro on them without issues using the same email that i used to purchase the upgrade. Today...
  7. Upgrading Windows Home to Pro via linked digital license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows Home to Pro via linked digital license.: On my old laptop I had a Windows 10 Pro license that was linked to my microsoft account. On my new laptop it came with Windows 10 home and I want to swap that to the Pro license I have. How do I do this, as I don't have the pro product key to hand anymore?...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change: Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro from Home. I purchased the digital license through the Microsoft store. Immediately following the installation windows would not activate. There has been no hardware change and I am getting error code 0x803F7001....
  9. Windows 10 Pro Digital License

Windows 10 Pro Digital License: I've upgraded my office PC recently to Windows 10 Pro acquiring a digital license when I activated it online using the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key that comes with the PC. Its known that the free Windows 10 upgrade has long expired in 2016 So, Is this Windows 10 digital...
  10. Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key)

Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key): I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home, which came installed on my HP Omen 15 But, return this error: The last product key (ID: xxxx) you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows (0x803FA067) Does this mean that the key that I previously bought and used on another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade via digital license