Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Upgrade will not activate with 2 Windows 7 Pro Licesnes

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Upgrade will not activate with 2 Windows 7 Pro Licesnes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I used to have Windows 10 Home, and the license would be associated to the system, not the account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 6700hq, Jan 2, 2020.

1. 6700hq Win User

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade will not activate with 2 Windows 7 Pro Licesnes

I am trying to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I used to have Windows 10 Home, and the license would be associated to the system, not the account. I am using two different Windows 7 Professional Licenses, but the activation servers would prompt me an error. 0x803f7001

When using troubleshooting, it shows me that they are still trying to apply the Windows 10 Home digital license on my device.

I am on OS build 18362.535.

:)

6700hq, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Someone may advise an easy fix. If not, you could install Windows 7 Pro, check it activates then do an in place upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

Have you tried updating the product key here:

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade will not activate with 2 Windows 7 Pro Licesnes [​IMG]

Steve C, Jan 2, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User

Here's the problem: Microsoft has really limited the ways you can upgrade from Home to Pro. Many product keys that used to work in previous versions of Windows 10 to upgrade will no longer work. The absolute safest way to do the upgrade is the first reply by @Steve C. Install Windows 7 Pro on the computer (just create a 64 GB partition for it, no need to uninstall your Windows 10 Home). Make sure that is activated, then upgrade it to WIndows 10 Pro. That will get you a digital license for Windows 10 Pro for that computer then you can upgrade you Windows 10 Home to Pro with the generic product key for Windows 10 Pro, VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T.

Or there is another way that might work, but it might also leave you stuck with an unactivated Windows 10 Pro. Make sure the computer is disconnected from the internet. Pull the Ethernet cable out and/or disconnect from WiFi. Then upgrade the Home to Pro by changing the product key to the generic Pro product key, VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T. Then reconnect to the internet and you can try changing the product key to the Windows 7 Pro product key to activate it. The problem with this method is that if the Windows 7 Pro product key has been blocked from online activation, you are now stuck with an unactivated Windows 10 Pro.

NavyLCDR, Jan 2, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Why would you have to downgrade back to Windows 10 Home? You shrink your existing Windows 10 Home partition by 64GB. Make a new partition for Windows 7 in the empty space. Install Windows 7 Pro to the new partition, leaving your Windows 10 Home in the old partition. After Windows 7 Pro is activated, upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro. Your computer will now have a digital license stored on Microsoft Activation Servers for both Windows 10 Home and Pro.

NavyLCDR, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade will not activate with 2 Windows 7 Pro Licesnes - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade activate

2. windows 7 pro upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 pro upgrade to 10: im trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 and i have tried the online windows download and it will not allow me to choose the OS version i want and it will not allow me to save to a flashdrive...
  3. windows 7 pro upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 pro upgrade to 10: im trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 and i have tried the online windows download and it will not allow me to choose the OS version i want and it will not allow me to save to a flashdrive...
  4. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I recently used the msi tool to update a windows 7 pro machine to windows 10 pro. It appears to have a activated the install just fine and is working? Is this install legal?...
  5. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I want to upgrade a Windows 7 PC which by the requirements is upgradable to Windows 10 Pro. I went to the Microsoft Store and the only option is to Download WIndows 10 Pro. My Windows 7 PC really requires a clean install. Does Windows 10 Pro give me the option to format...
  6. Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I have a computer that I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 10. It is currently Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I have attempted to use the Media Creation Tool to do this as I have done probably a 100 times at time point and I am not able to upgrade without erasing all the settings...
  7. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  8. Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Get thew following error: This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC is not supported yet on this version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-of-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/558d9872-9d50-4dfe-9592-3c549d64ff50
  9. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: We are experiencing a strange issue with domain joined workstations when upgrading them to Windows 10. When running setup.exe or setupprep.exe from the install DVD/ISO we get: "Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and trying running Windows 10 Setup...
  10. Clarification of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade activations

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clarification of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade activations: I work in the IT department for a local government. During the initial release of Windows 10, we upgraded as many PC’s as we could during the one year free period. We still had a number of PC’s that could not be upgraded at the time due to software compatibility issues....